3 replies to this topic

#1 ChiefSmackAhoe

ChiefSmackAhoe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 20 July 2004 - 01:33 AM

Hi all. I am a beginner to flashing my X2 2.3b lite+. I have followed all instructions for flashing the mod with the X2 4983 and works perfectly. But I have a curious question about the EvoX m8 bios (yes, i searched the forum Very Happy ) Do I follow the same instructions posted on this site for flashing my mod if I wanted to flash with m8 instead of 4983? Also, before i go and mess around with the bios, what's the difference between these two? Thanks

#2 AlTheKiller

AlTheKiller

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 20 July 2004 - 01:46 AM

you probably flashed w/ cromwell flashbios and a cd last time right? the flash bios isnt there anymore so now you simply flash via evox or some other program that offers flash support. for evox, just put the bios you want in /C/bios/ then choose the flash function and select the bios you want written. w/ evox make sure you have a 1MB bios, because i dont think it flashes the banks seperately.

as for m8 vs 4983, id keep 4983 if i were you. the only real reason to run m8 is if you have a v1.6. if you choose to flash m8 anyway, be aware that you will no longer have igr built into the bios and you will have to use the buggy igr in evox dash.

#3 brandonbr22own

brandonbr22own

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 20 July 2004 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (AlTheKiller @ Jul 20 2004, 02:49 AM)
you probably flashed w/ cromwell flashbios and a cd last time right? the flash bios isnt there anymore so now you simply flash via evox or some other program that offers flash support. for evox, just put the bios you want in /C/bios/ then choose the flash function and select the bios you want written. w/ evox make sure you have a 1MB bios, because i dont think it flashes the banks seperately.

as for m8 vs 4983, id keep 4983 if i were you. the only real reason to run m8 is if you have a v1.6. if you choose to flash m8 anyway, be aware that you will no longer have igr built into the bios and you will have to use the buggy igr in evox dash.

They have a patch to get IGR to work now. Or so they say. I am going to try it tonight.

#4 Intensecure

Intensecure

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 20 July 2004 - 04:51 PM

There are "unofficial versions" of M8 with IGR and LBA48 at the "usual places" (don't you just get sick of that phrase?)
In the new Evtool from Nightshd, you can adjust colours, boot order etc as well - but only with the unofficial versions.
I can't help myself, fiddling for the sake of it, so I've tried it - it seems like a great bios and the IGR built into it works really well. I was using 4983, but I HATE that flubber and the noise, and I didn't want to go back to 4981.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users