#1 Protegepower

Protegepower

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 20 July 2004 - 07:50 AM

Just a quick question about the original xbox HD partition. Why are there so many partitions on the HD? What kind of files/info are stored in each partition? I just installed a mod chip on my XBOX and trying to install apps and games on it....but there are so many files and partitions!! I am afraid I might mess them up and break the XB blink.gif Thank you guys !!!

#2 jack2004

jack2004

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 20 July 2004 - 07:59 AM

c: is root where the m$ dash is store and to put your new dashboard in
e: is all the save game and to put your apps
x: temporary file storage for quick load games
y: and z: I'm not sure about the use of them but still need them

just back up your c: drive and e: drive befor install your new dash

Edited by jack2004, 20 July 2004 - 08:00 AM.

#3 gurry

gurry

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 08:04 AM

e is for apps.....oops I installed mine on the f partition. Its working fine but Ill print that explaination off and keep it for furture reference.

Thanks

#4 Megaloballer

Megaloballer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 11:31 AM

Just don't put anything on the C drive, and don't delete anything from the E drive unless you know exactly what you're doing... The X Y and Z drives aren't very large so you really wouldn't want to use them anyway (besides the fact that they're used for temporary file storage), but the F and G drives are free game, you can put whatever you want on em... but you have to format them in order to use them, and edit INI files for certian apps to recognize them.

#5 Strud1512

Strud1512

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 July 2004 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (gurry @ Jul 20 2004, 09:07 AM)
e is for apps.....oops I installed mine on the f partition. Its working fine but Ill print that explaination off and keep it for furture reference.

Thanks

No, if you have a large hard drive (and therefore an F: partition) you should put all your apps and games on f: and leave e: alone.
You should only use e: if you have the stock HD and have nowhere else to put things.

#6 Protegepower

Protegepower

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (Megaloballer @ Jul 20 2004, 12:34 PM)
F and G drives are free game, you can put whatever you want on em...  but you have to format them in order to use them, and edit INI files for certian apps to recognize them.

How do I format F and G on a stock/upgraded HD? is there anyway I can play with the size of each partition when I swap to a new hard drive (gonna go for Western Digital 120GB) or there is a defult ratial between partitions? Thank you!

#7 Megaloballer

Megaloballer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 01:27 PM

F and G won't even show up on a stock hard drive, but to format them on an upgrade drive you can use evoX (either use slayer's evoX bootable disc, which has options for that, of you can add code to the evox.ini that will do it). It's very easy to do, if you send me your evox.ini I can do it real quick, private message me if you want me to do this and i'll give you my email address so you can send it to me...

#8 Protegepower

Protegepower

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 04:14 PM

Thanks a lot !! I won't be getting the HD till next week or the week after that because I am still waiting for my pay cheq wink.gif . I will let you know when I need help on the swaping.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users