• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 July 2004 - 05:24 PM

Mine has a transformer next to the P.S.U where he has just a circular thing with a coil around it.
My problem is noise. My vantec stealth in my xbox is louder then my old noisy stock fan. When I take the fan out of my xbox (stil connected to the xboxes power via molex adapter) it is relitively quiet. I have secured it down with very strong double sided tape and fansened the zip ties on to the metal case so it can't move, but even with the corners (interior top corners, exteriror and interior bottom corners) cut off more then the photos in the tutorial it still touches things and it makes a hell of a noise.
I can't cut the HD drive bay anymore as it is already past the warning label and I can't get rid of the DVD drive leg as it is where the screw for the case goes through.

Surely some must have had theis problem as well. I can't be the only one.

Update - I have now cut the metal case frome where the clips of the old fan go through to the botoom and a bit of the botoom also cut off. It has improved, but is still loud as hell.

All I wan't is a quiet xbox, but this is louder then it was before. Please help.

#2 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.

Posted 20 July 2004 - 05:54 PM

Please help. I can't even put in my old fan as I have cut away the metal grid.

#3 estin

estin

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 06:08 PM

i cut into the dvd tray leg. if your looking at it from the top its a circle like this ( ) i used the dremel and cut it like this ( that way the fans edge can fit into the groove and the dvd tray leg still pops into the hole on the mobo.

#4 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 06:14 PM

Did this work for you? Did you have the same problem. I don't have a dremel, will a hack saw work?

#5 BigMar992

BigMar992

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 July 2004 - 07:08 PM

when i did this modd, I had to cutt away part of the end of the PSU. Now where you plug it in, but just inside the case, where it sticks out on both ends....I'm not sure what you mean when you say its "hitting things"......you say its a noise problem, but is it a fitting problem also? My fan leg (front right, if your lookin at it from the front of the xbox) fits snuggly jammed now once i cut part of that psu part out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users