5 replies to this topic

#1 aquiesce

aquiesce

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 05:24 PM

OK so I had error 16 as I explained in an earlier post so we all know what that is right so i do the "unlock another hdd and swap it trick" I get error 5 with the mod on so that means the mod aint working as if i get error 5 its tryin to boot a retail bios right? So I buy a programmer and flash the bios and verify it and all checks out fine i put it back in box same problem??(I Tried a few bioses) anyway I now think hmmmmm the mods knackered so I buy a new Xecuter 2.3lite (Which is what the original chip was) and now I put it all back together and I STILL! get error 16 try the hdd swap again error 5 ?????

What bothers me more is that the original mod prolly wasnt even knackered then sad.gif installation of mod is pretty damn good too (Not being big headed but I have done an awful lot of em) so im sure its not that.
any ideas anyone?

thanks

Edited by aquiesce, 20 July 2004 - 05:25 PM.

#2 Scaramanga

Scaramanga

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 20 July 2004 - 06:06 PM

You are reading the wrong guides.
Try following my guide from the start (link in sig).
error 05 is caused by unlocked hd.
error 16 is caused by clock loop.

#3 aquiesce

aquiesce

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 07:43 PM

mate I have read a dozen guides including yours but still it wont boot.
I know what the errors are I need to get it to boot just once so I can reset the clock the reason I get error 5 after putting the other hdd in is because it HAS to be unlocked to work in another box smile.gif SO if the box then says error 5 its because the mod is not working and it is trying to boot a retail bios which will give error 5 coz hdd is unlocked.
If im missing something please explain a little more
Thanks for the reply BTW

PS its not really a newbies step by step guide from the start that i need as this Xbox has been working for over 9 months with the said mod in it and just all of a sudden it gave error 16 wasnt even unplugged or anything ??????
OH and PPS your tutourial doesnt even cover an error 16 scenario!!!!!!!!

Edited by aquiesce, 20 July 2004 - 07:50 PM.

#4 aquiesce

aquiesce

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 09:34 AM

~Bump~

Any help on this one fellas im stuck blink.gif uhh.gif uhh.gif blink.gif

#5 aquiesce

aquiesce

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 01:17 PM

OMFG!!! I just put another Brand new xecuter 2.3 lite into this prolematic box and I still get error 16 so I swapped the hdd out again with my own (Unlocked) and I get error 5 well of course I know its unlocked but with a brand new mod (Which is working as I tested it on another) it should boot right?????
My head is in bits!!!!!!!!!!

#6 aquiesce

aquiesce

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 03:19 PM

I have even now tried teh 4983.67 BIOS as I heard on these forums that it skips the clock test ???? Well anyway I thought id give it a go and it still gives me error 16 and I have just tried as a last resort hot swapping Hard Drives with the one from my modded xbox just to see if I could get past the bloody error screen and reset the date/clock/time but it didnt work i didnt really know exactly when to swap as I have never had to reslut to it b4, but i read on here somewhere right as the flubber animation starts is that right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users