aLuCaRD

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 June 2002 - 08:21 PM

Came up with the idea of changing skins/models etc in Halo, there doesnt look like theres single skin files, I have to out out soon so havent tried doing much yet, anyone tried this or have any advice about the *.map files..?

Anyhow, heres what Ive postyed somewhere else...

I have been able to browse an image and look about abit, I will list the file layout below:

Halo.iso
|
|-bink
| |-attract1.bik
| |-attract2.bik
| |-attract3.bik
| |-credits.bik
| |-intro.bik
|
|-maps
| |-a10.map
| |-a30.map
| |-a50.map
| |-b30.map
| |-b40.map
| |-beavercreek.map
| |-bloodgulch.map
| |-boardingaction.map
| |-c10.map
| |-c20.map
| |-c40.map
| |-carousel.map
| |-chillout.map
| |-d20.map
| |-d40.map
| |-damnation.map
| |-hangemhigh.map
| |-longest.map
| |-prisoner.map
| |-putput.map
| |-ratrace.map
| |-sidewinder.map
| |-ui.map
| |-wizard.map
|
|-XDemos

The things in the "bink" folder are probably movies using the Bink codec, I will look into this further, the "XDemos" are just the demos, I think the US is slightly different demos and havent bothered with this folder, but, the "maps" folder, this is what gets me excited. smile.gif
Im thinking that all the textures/models that are neded for the various levels are actually in a single big file for that particular level, now assumming my theory is correct (And understable.) any adjustments would effect that level, which in itself is a cool idea, think about how in the jungle level how much cooler the MC would look in a camo version of hes suit, or in the snow level he could have a more white/snow like suit, seems kinda cool to me, the last level, hes suit could be damaged or something, simple skinning things make for some cool looking things, but Im also assumming the models are in these big files.

Bla bla bla, any ideas guys..? Ive owned my X-Box since tuesday, about 4 or 5 days so dont have many clues to start from. smile.gif

Thankyou smile.gif

#2 Samsinite

Samsinite

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 June 2002 - 09:40 PM

I know im multiplayer you can choose your own skin. So I would gess they would be seperate from the map files to save space or something. But its not like they would be hurting for space on the disc.

#3 aLuCaRD

aLuCaRD

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 June 2002 - 09:39 PM

Heres my idea and progress so far, still not actually got into the map files, could any body else try or suggest something maybe please..?

http://carnage.bungi....pl?read=116672

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users