• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 crotchfire

crotchfire

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 05:04 AM

Today I got my XBox home from someone who modded it for me. He said that he put Evolution X and a Dashboard on my Xbox, but it won't start up. I get an error that says my Xbox needs servicing. I've been looking through tutorials for quiet some time and I cannot get ahold of my modder tonight, so I'm just wondering if you guys know if theres anything I can do to get it working. My modder said that it should run fine by itself... I really want to play with my new toy sad.gif

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 Megaloballer

Megaloballer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 21 July 2004 - 05:17 AM

When i tried to mod my first xbox I kept getting errors until i properly grounded the chip. I got it to work on and off, but eventually fried my motherboard and did a soft-mod on my next xbox... Anyway, you can always check if it's grounded properly, but if you don't have the installation instructions or if you don't know how to take apart the xbox, then don't mess with it...

ps. look up the error code on this websie, it will give you some insight into the problem

Edited by Megaloballer, 21 July 2004 - 05:19 AM.

#3 Jordan_Hounsell

Jordan_Hounsell

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Computer, Xbox, Hockey, & Biking
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 21 July 2004 - 05:28 AM

What error code did u get? Also take it to the guy that modded it for you and tell him off (that is if it didn't work as soon as u got it back).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users