14 replies to this topic

#1 mkjones

mkjones

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 09:50 AM

ohmy.gif As an avid user of the Origional tHc I never moved to lite becuase of its non customizable nature, hence it being the lite version smile.gif

tHc FULL or whatever it was planned to be called smile.gif was supposed to come out with similer functions of lite but still the power of tHc origional..

I know that BSX and "political" debates have held back progress of certain key areas of development but if I remember right tHc full was annouunced a long time before this?

SO smile.gif my main question is!

Should I keep waiting in a Diana Ross style way jester.gif

Or give up and assume that the version I have is as far as tHc will go uhh.gif

#2 adil786

adil786

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 July 2004 - 11:03 AM

i think it will be aes before tHc full comes out IMO

#3 mkjones

mkjones

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (adil786 @ Jul 21 2004, 12:06 PM)
i think it will be aes before tHc full comes out IMO

Well it has been ages already smile.gif

I think the main issue was "what" can they add? Apart from the obvius lite style upgrades such as music options etc..

Im sure someone can shead some "lite" rotfl.gif

#4 Teralus

Teralus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 11:48 AM

What are all these great features that the original has that lite doesn't? I am not sure why they called it lite - it has a mini game (cool and all) but hardly the type of feature one would expect from a lite release! Any way back to the point....Try Lite - I use it over Thc original as I find it way more stable (Doesn't crash after leaving music running, and doesn't randomly just go back to the main menu when trying to launch games and apps - thc original did this for me about 1 in every 3 times – plus lite has nice animations in on lunch, and music dash lunch - also if you read all the messages in this forum you will find many customizations for lite! So I would say switch to lite - it is great!

BSX is making a dam lot of progress so keep am eye on that too…those screen of 1.2 looked nice!

#5 Infamous_One

Infamous_One

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 July 2004 - 11:49 AM

Have patience , coding takes times , you dont want a buggy dash dont you? , try THC WIP , it wont run with the xbe that it has , take a THC LITE xbe and rename the folder of wip to tHcData and it will run.

Not everything is functional in WIP but is awesome. muhaha.gif

edit : and remember IS FREE , so they can stop making it at any time if you keep fucking.

Edited by Infamous_One, 21 July 2004 - 11:50 AM.

#6 Infamous_One

Infamous_One

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (Teralus @ Jul 21 2004, 12:51 PM)
BSX is making a dam lot of progress so keep am eye on that too…those screen of 1.2 looked nice!

BSX and BSX 1.2 is crap , the menu is too damn small , is a cheap copy of THC and THC LITE.

#7 mkjones

mkjones

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 12:00 PM

What are all these great features that the original has that lite doesn't?

Well none really I just like being able to use the main tabs as menus and not have to stick with the Hard Drive tab... Thats about it really smile.gif

I am not sure why they called it lite

I assume its becuase FULL or whatever it would be called was in development around the same time wink.gif

So I would say switch to lite - it is great!

I did for a while smile.gif I liked it a lot but went back...

I agree beerchug.gif BSX does look great, but its no longer an M$ Dash in my eyes, I actually like the old tabbed standard look..

ANYWAY... love.gif

Have patience , coding takes times

SO your saying its NOT DEAD? love.gif

you dont want a buggy dash dont you?

Hell no! beerchug.gif

try THC WIP , it wont run with the xbe that it has

Cool, theres actualy some WIP code? I assume its on the IRC yeh?

Not everything is functional in WIP but is awesome.

Ohh man smile.gif all giddy now rotfl.gif I can see the "lite" at the end of the tunned..

edit : and remember IS FREE , so they can stop making it at any time if you keep fucking.

I think you wanted to say "Moaning" or "Whineing" at the end of that smile.gif but yeh, not a whine.. just havent seen any news on tHc full for AGES and I visit the forum and the site daily? Il check the channel for the WIPS smile.gif

#8 aweelz

aweelz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 12:59 PM

WIP stands for Work In Progress, unless you're a coder you wont find it usefull since it has several unfinished/started features. I think the control panel is the best new feature in there, its found its way into my dash.

Aweelz

#9 mkjones

mkjones

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 01:45 PM

WIP stands for Work In Progress

yeh man, I know smile.gif thanks for the heads up still...

unless you're a coder you wont find it usefull since it has several unfinished/started features.

I can still run it as an app tho, as long as its compiled and runs. I just wanna see whats been happening wink.gif

I think the control panel is the best new feature in there, its found its way into my dash.

Cool smile.gif I will hopefully have a chance to look this weekend tongue.gif

#10 Teralus

Teralus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (Infamous_One @ Jul 21 2004, 12:58 PM)
BSX and BSX 1.2 is crap , the menu is too damn small , is a cheap copy of THC and THC LITE.

Yes, everyone already knows your opinion of BSX!

#11 EBear

EBear

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (Teralus @ Jul 21 2004, 12:51 PM)
What are all these great features that the original has that lite doesn't?

Well Password locking the settings, for one. . . and two its almost completely configurable from the dash itself. Not to mention a slew of other things like the soundtrack displayed in the corner. Also my original tHc dash has NEVER frozen because of my music playing for a long time (what kind of HDD/speed do you have?) and the dash only fails to boot if you have the launch animation ON (unless maybe you messed your code up while editing maybe?).

I think that a Final tHc will come out at some point and tHc Lite is just the very early stages of it (tHc had stated that Final was being recoded from the ground up).

#12 Infamous_One

Infamous_One

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (Teralus @ Jul 21 2004, 02:58 PM)
Yes, everyone already knows your opinion of BSX!

biggrin.gif glad to know. i will make you memorize it.

#13 dman7

dman7

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 05:37 AM

I think the main issue was "what" can they add?

Ughh.....break the 100 music soundtrack barrier for ripping cds. I have so many CD's I can't put on my Xbox. I love useing my Xbox for the main media player....but it's come to an end because I am burnt out on the CD's that are on there and I'm not going to erase some of them to add new ones because I know later on I'll wish they were back on. I wish so badly someone would change this limit.

That music freezeing problem can be fixed in THC Originial..... ughh....can't remember how. Lemme think.... ok....I think it's this which is found in default.xip>default.xap:

DEF theBackgroundMusicPlayer AudioClip
{
url "st:"
sendProgress true
function OnCopyComplete()
{
}

Change the red into:

DEF theBackgroundMusicPlayer AudioClip
{
url "st:"
sendProgress false
function OnCopyComplete()
{
}

EDIT: To fix this problem in THC lite edit this in default.xip -> controlpanel.xap instead. Or just check out this thread: http://forums.xbox-s...32934&hl=freeze

*Credit goes to SSChevy2001 for the freeze fix

I know for a fact this fixes it in THC originial, but I don't use THC lite so I can't say the same.

-dman

Edited by dman7, 22 July 2004 - 07:54 AM.

#14 Koitsu

Koitsu

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 06:20 AM

sorry, but Lite freezes up much faster than Final ever did. even fixing the default volume back down to 86 still just delayed the inevitable. if i'm going to be using the music for a while, i have to go back to my yellow Final. (for the record, the tHc dashes before 12-27-03 don't freeze much, if at all, they're just colored like crap).

i really don't know why they called it Lite. i know they had plans for another dash after it before the drama, but 'Lite' suggests a 'bare bones' aspect.

as for fixing the 100 soundtrack problem, it's already done in a manner of speaking. you can hex an xbe to use a different music folder other than fffe0000/music. you can make it use a folder in F or G drive, you can have it set up its music anywhere. you'll need a fresh (never-been-used) ST.DB, though. use your original 100 with your current xbe, and use another 100 with another xbe. using more than 100 soundtracks in the same folder isn't done as far as i know. that's much harder, and involves much more problems, like setting up new names for those hex-numbered folders, overriding the 500 song limit, stuff like that.

someone might be making breakthroughs with that, but i wouldn't hold my breath (and i'm a diver). if people still aren't happy with having groups of hundreds to work from.....well, they'll probably just have to be unhappy for a while.

Edited by Koitsu, 22 July 2004 - 06:21 AM.

#15 dman7

dman7

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE (Koitsu @ Jul 22 2004, 07:23 AM)
sorry, but Lite freezes up much faster than Final ever did. even fixing the default volume back down to 86 still just delayed the inevitable. if i'm going to be using the music for a while, i have to go back to my yellow Final. (for the record, the tHc dashes before 12-27-03 don't freeze much, if at all, they're just colored like crap).

i really don't know why they called it Lite. i know they had plans for another dash after it before the drama, but 'Lite' suggests a 'bare bones' aspect.

as for fixing the 100 soundtrack problem, it's already done in a manner of speaking. you can hex an xbe to use a different music folder other than fffe0000/music. you can make it use a folder in F or G drive, you can have it set up its music anywhere. you'll need a fresh (never-been-used) ST.DB, though. use your original 100 with your current xbe, and use another 100 with another xbe. using more than 100 soundtracks in the same folder isn't done as far as i know. that's much harder, and involves much more problems, like setting up new names for those hex-numbered folders, overriding the 500 song limit, stuff like that.

Well....that's one idea. But I want it to be all in one folder. At least for me, it would be cheesy to have two THC dash's...one for each music folder. Plus the selection of songs to randomly to choose from for the background music would limited to 100 soundtracks rather than my whole music collection(a goal in which I am trying to reach).

-dman

Edited by dman7, 22 July 2004 - 07:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users