• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 swimmer145

swimmer145

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 05:04 PM

Well, I put a few snes roms in a rom folder that was in the root containing the default.xbe and whatnot...i made an iso fine and used boxplorer to copy the files from the D to the E. I'm not completely familiar with boxplorer, so I just copied them all to E:/ I have two questions:

(1) How do I move the files into another folder using boxplorer? I pulled up the command menu with copy, move, etc. And I can only seem to move the folders to C:/ or E:/ I can't figure out how to change the path to say E:/snes_emulator...or whatever.

(2) So, the files are there on the HD, but how do I get the emulator to now show up on the Evox Dashboard under the category 'Self Installed Emulator'? I also tried loading the default.xbe from the boxplorer, but the screen came up black.

Any help would be appreciated, i've read some tutorials, but I'm still having trouble. Thanks!

#2 wacco

wacco

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts
  • Interests:Xbox gaming, modding, helping newbies.<br>I also like to play Genesis and Super Famicom.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 July 2004 - 06:54 PM

(1) How do I move the files into another folder using boxplorer? I pulled up the command menu with copy, move, etc. And I can only seem to move the folders to C:/ or E:/ I can't figure out how to change the path to say E:/snes_emulator...or whatever.

Just press A on the folder you want to copy the files to smile.gif ... Then you press L Trigger and select COPY from the menu who pops up when you press white button smile.gif .

So, the files are there on the HD, but how do I get the emulator to now show up on the Evox Dashboard under the category 'Self Installed Emulator'? I also tried loading the default.xbe from the boxplorer, but the screen came up black

This all depends on the settings in your evox.ini file.. However, you just put the files in a new folder in the map where your "SELF INSTALLED EMU" is located, if there is one smile.gif ... If you havent made anything like this, just put your emulator in a new folder under E:\apps.

BUT, if the screen is black when you try to run from Boxplorer, it won`t run from EvolutionX either... Get a newer version of the software, or tell me/us what kinda emu you are trying to run

#3 swimmer145

swimmer145

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 07:06 PM

I am using xSnes9x...i got it on MIRC from a room that was mentioned in many forums and websites...i don't think the files are bad, but i'll download it again to be sure...

I was confused about putting the file in E:/apps...the evox dashboard will automatically pick this up?

#4 swimmer145

swimmer145

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 07:54 PM

So...I guess my main question is still will the emulator show up automatically in the 'self installed emulators' section of the dashboard? Do i need to change something in the .ini file? Do I need to set up a special folder? Do I need to put the files in an already existing folder? I'm confused...Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users