10 replies to this topic

#1 meltdown

meltdown

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 09:07 PM

Ok quick question. I have a bunch of Verbatim CD-RW 2x-4x discs I received for Xmas and am getting ready to burn my Evolution X boot disc tonight. Has anyone successfully used Verbatim, or should I go with another brand. Does anyone know of a KNOWN always good CD-RW brand?

#2 system9

system9

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 01:58 AM

I had a hell of a time getting anything to load, I have a Thompson drive. I actually just got a pack of memorex 12x cdrw's, and they behaved the same on 12x burns as they did on 2x or 4x burns, some worked, some didn't, which leads me to believe the success of a readable disc is more in the program setup and choice of burning software. My evox dash I burned on a really old (i mean this thing was scratched to hell) TDK cdrw, and it worked the 1st time, where I think my brand new memorex failed with the same iso and settings. trial and error.

#3 nevernamed

nevernamed

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 06:46 PM

I used maxell 74 min cd-rw no problem..

#4 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 January 2003 - 07:05 PM

I have NEVER gotten Memorex brand CD-RWs to work, but my cheap no-name 10x 700mb CD-RWs ordered from rima.com (yeah, I know I keep mentioning them, but what can I say, these work great for me) have worked every time on both a Thomson and a Samsung.

BTW: I use quick erase and don't finalize my ISOs when burning, either.

#5 calenk

calenk

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 08:43 PM

Memorex

#6 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (calenk @ Jan 16 2003, 03:43 PM)
Memorex

Dude, are you just trying to piss me off?

You pulled the same crap earlier, trying to claim you knew of a PS2 emulator, which was utter bullshit.

Now you are trying to tell this guy to use Memorex?

You've got my attention now, and I see from your 5 posts that exactly ONE is worthwhile (case modding lighting post). Besides the PS2 Emulator BS, you've posteD:

* Telling somebody they need to have their video files in SVCD or VCD format to playback on the Xbox, which is BS, if you knew anything at all about XBMP or Xbox media in general.

and

* A post about how Vice City somehow blew up your brother's PS2.

You are on notice now. It's a bad idea to pull this crap, and even worse to do it in a thread a moderator will see.

Stop the misinformation NOW.

Edited by BenJeremy, 16 January 2003 - 09:15 PM.

#7 Wong Hung Lo

Wong Hung Lo

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Interests:Modding my Sampo DVD players,Tivo, ReplayTV and my Xbox.<br /><br />Being a soldering elitists :)
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 January 2003 - 09:14 PM

I tried to burn on a Memorex yesterday and it just error'd out.

#8 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 January 2003 - 09:52 PM

Don't get mad.. but I got MEMOREX CD-RW to work as well... burned slowest possible speed on an 48x plex... no dummy files or bloat added!

#9 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,690 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (HSDEMONZ @ Jan 16 2003, 04:52 PM)
Don't get mad.. but I got MEMOREX CD-RW to work as well...  burned slowest possible speed on an 48x plex... no dummy files or bloat added!

No, not gonna get mad at you, HSDEMONZ, just this calenk character seems to be into spreading misinformation - your post clearly indicates that your experience wasn't all that great with them.

I've never seen anybody else ever, EVER give memorex CD-RWs an unqualified recommendation.

They might work on a Samsung or a Philips, but I never got them working on the Thomson, and eventually, I just gave up. There have also been quite a few posters here who have had trouble with Memorex CD-RWs - which, unfortunately, are the most commonly offered among the US Brick & Mortars like Best Buy.

Edited by BenJeremy, 16 January 2003 - 10:14 PM.

#10 atari

atari

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 01:21 AM

Regarding burning the CD-RW, does it have to be "Disk-At-Once (DAO)" or can I use "Track-At-Once" because my shitty old burner dont support DOA.

Some tutorials suggest that you MUST use the DOA option, whilst some tutorials dont even mention that... they simply state create the iso and burn in Nero.

Regardless of whether I get responses, I suppose I will be trying this tonight as I am fitting my x2 today.

- atari

ps - Verbatim CDRW seems to work in my xbox (I burnt some music and it worked fine).

#11 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 January 2003 - 04:07 AM

When in doubt.. try both! smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users