5 replies to this topic

#1 raydeneg

raydeneg

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 08:20 PM

I recently purchased an xbox, modchip and a lockable hard drive. I have a friend installing the modchip for me and I *think* i get the installation aspects with the bios and dash and everything, or maybe i dont and i just wish i did. Most things ive read talk about getting the modchip to work with the retail drive, backing it up via ftp and installing the new drive.
Since I wont physicaly be doing the install, i dont want to have to send it to him/make him come over twice to get this done (first time for modchip, second time the change of the hd). So is it possible to do the whole procedure the first time you open the xbox, and not need to do the whole back up thing, or thats putting my self in jeopardy? hope this makes sense. thanks in advance

#2 Killa420

Killa420

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 08:26 PM

You can do the thing where you plug up the second hard drive to the dvd cable and copy everything like that. You'll need a power splitter. Check out some of the tuts. I know my x ice os2 has that option in it but I just did it the ftp way. O and I think you need the second hd, where the dvd is on cable select i believe.

Edited by Killa420, 23 July 2004 - 08:27 PM.

#3 joseph_hac

joseph_hac

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 08:28 PM

I don't see why not. As long as you have something like a SlaYer auto installer you'll be fine. If you rush it, you probably won't get a chance to backup your game saves and stuff though.

#4 brandonbr22own

brandonbr22own

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 23 July 2004 - 08:30 PM

The ideal way to do this would be to install the modchip, install the new hdd, and then flash the bios (unless the chip you have is flashed with a programmer, before installation), then use the slayers install cd to format the new hdd. After that you will want to edit either the evox.ini and or the avalaunch.xml file to make one of them your dashboard. But I would recommend installing these at the same time. For help with the dashboard install see that part of the forums. Good Luck.

#5 AlTheKiller

AlTheKiller

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 23 July 2004 - 08:54 PM

first of all, never listen to someone who uses ideal and slayers in the same sentence.

secondly, i recommend you back up your orignal hdd. if you dont you could be in a world of hurt later on. before backing it up run the backup option in evox to get a copy of your bios, eeprom, and hdd key. also, unlock your original hdd before you remove it.

i really dont see what your issue is. if youre gonna have the chip and new hdd there at the same time all you have to do is:

1. install/flash chip
2. boot evox cd
3. run evox backup command
4. ftp c and e to a pc
5. unlock the retail hdd
6. swap the drives
7. format
8. put c and e back on via ftp
9. install dash

#6 brandonbr22own

brandonbr22own

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 July 2004 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE (AlTheKiller @ Jul 23 2004, 09:57 PM)
first of all, never listen to someone who uses ideal and slayers in the same sentence.

Hey jackass I do it this way and it works fine for me and all the OTHER xboxes that I have modded. Not everyone does things the same way. So I can see how your way would work. But you don't need to make your stupid comment. Open your mind not your mouth. rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users