#1 mrbkarate

mrbkarate

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 July 2004 - 04:56 AM

I just installed my xbit using solder on a 1.4 xbox witha philips drive in it i have not change the hardrive yet.

What i dont understand is when i turn my xbox on it runs like normal as if i dindt have the chip, does it boot to the normal ms bios if your chip didnt come with the bios preinstalled? Also i cant get it to connect with the usb when i plug it in winxp says that its a unrecognized usb device. another question is do u think it will work if i redo my computer so i can dual boot into win98?

just wanted to add one more question ive thought of. could there preinstalled bios on another dip switch setting and how do i find which one.

i know i must sound dumb which is prolly cause i am lol but even dumb ppl can use some help!

o and the lcd on the board with the dip switches on it is not lighting up

Edited by mrbkarate, 24 July 2004 - 05:55 AM.

#2 kenmood

kenmood

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 July 2004 - 07:08 AM

Some general troubleshooting tips are here.

Sounds bad if XP does not recognize your chip. Are you sure you have not broken any of the yellow wires? Otherwise just do the same as everyone else having problems with USB - try another (and after that yet another) PC and/or operating system. I cannot promise that Win98 will solve your problem, but it might.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users