Photo

UDE2 Kernel Specific EZ Install

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like to install UDE2 by:

Would you like to install UDE2 by:

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 scrupul0us

scrupul0us

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Modding my Xbox :)
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 July 2004 - 05:41 PM

Was pondering making kernel specific packages where once you have ftp access and are all backed up, youll have the 4 files you already need premade. All you'll have todo is upload and configure evox.ini and hex the M$ dash if need be

#2 total_ass

total_ass

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 26 July 2004 - 05:49 PM

a premade package would be great for people who don't know much about soft-modding but have a newer xbox. So is the UDE2 compatible with ALL kernels, or just 5713?

#3 YoshiKool

YoshiKool

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 26 July 2004 - 05:58 PM

All kernels (of course still only US/CAN xboxes)

#4 scrupul0us

scrupul0us

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 06:08 PM

Yea, any non usa/canada ntsc boxes would have to use configmagic.. Which by the way I'm still looking for comfirmation on the procedure for in my tutorial post biggrin.gif

#5 ipodder2003

ipodder2003

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 July 2004 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (scrupul0us @ Jul 26 2004, 12:11 PM)
Yea, any non usa/canada ntsc boxes would have to use configmagic.. Which by the way I'm still looking for comfirmation on the procedure for in my tutorial post biggrin.gif

Well, that's kinda what tutorial writing is for... you use your own procedure, mostly, to make it easier for others. If you're using someone else's complete ideas, it's not really your tutorial anymore.

#6 scrupul0us

scrupul0us

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 06:20 PM

Well i haven't used configmagic and have no need to.. i just wanted confirmation of my last post about it... id be giving credit to where its due... im not so much worried about who the tutorial belongs to, i just want to cover all bases so that it works for as many people as possible... thats kind of the goal here no? biggrin.gif

#7 ldots

ldots

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 07:45 PM

Just thought I'd like to add that I'm putting the final touches on the update to the memcard UDE installer.
It now installs both UDE1 and UDE2. If you have dashboard 4920, 5659, 5960 you dont have to add anything to the package. The update.xbe needed is generated automatically.
Just configure your install as you like from the MXM interface (UDE version, PBL/nkpatcher, bios, dash), and it does everything for you. Even the M$ Dash patching.

Since I only have PAL xbox's I used ConfigMagic to convert the XBE region for testing UDE2. All I did was (from memory):
- Unlock HDD
- Edit eeprom on-the-fly
- Set xbe region to 1
- Write back eeprom
- Reload eeprom
- Lock HDD.

#8 scrupul0us

scrupul0us

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 07:51 PM

One word: Tits biggrin.gif

#9 jcupp114

jcupp114

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 26 July 2004 - 08:32 PM

lDOTS,
I will be waiting for that package. Thank you for the sweet installs and time to compose such good work!

biggrin.gif laugh.gif
beerchug.gif

jcupp114

#10 adil786

adil786

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 July 2004 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (ldots @ Jul 26 2004, 08:48 PM)
Just thought I'd like to add that I'm putting the final touches on the update to the memcard UDE installer.
It now installs both UDE1 and UDE2. If you have dashboard 4920, 5659, 5960 you dont have to add anything to the package. The update.xbe needed is generated automatically.
Just configure your install as you like from the MXM interface (UDE version, PBL/nkpatcher, bios, dash), and it does everything for you. Even the M$ Dash patching.

Since I only have PAL xbox's I used ConfigMagic to convert the XBE region for testing UDE2. All I did was (from memory):
- Unlock HDD
- Edit eeprom on-the-fly
- Set xbe region to 1
- Write back eeprom
- Reload eeprom
- Lock HDD.

nice ldots!

#11 EthanHunt_IMF

EthanHunt_IMF

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (scrupul0us @ Jul 26 2004, 01:44 PM)
Was pondering making kernel specific packages where once you have ftp access and are all backed up, youll have the 4 files you already need premade. All you'll have todo is upload and configure evox.ini and hex the M$ dash if need be

I too was pondering making something similar, a vb.net app that allowed configuration of the exploit along with selection of specific kernel, booting options nkpatcher, pbl, what file to boot on which partition,etc. But my severe lack of knowlege in vb and time wont allow it, plus I don't see the need for such a tool with ldots memcard packages.

#12 ArcticWolf

ArcticWolf

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 08:53 PM

Yes, please go ahead and create the ultra-easy-install packages. That will be great!
I usually do hotswap, so installing the files won't be a problem, but trying to figure out what files are needed and which files go where is a real hassel. An easy-to-install package in a shrink wrap will be a welcome addition.
According to the UDE2 instructions, I need the file update.xbe from NFL Fever 2003 !Live content. I don't have NFL Fever 2003. Please include the file update.xbe in your packages.

#13 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 08:56 PM

How can it get any easier.. Are they gonna send ppl to my house to do it for me?smile.gif

#14 total_ass

total_ass

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 09:13 PM

you don't need these packages anymore. the ldots ltools does everything now.

#15 ArcticWolf

ArcticWolf

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 09:17 PM

I couldn't find Idot's Itools in the "usual" place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users