• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Zimmerz

Zimmerz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 08:29 PM

I just got a modchip installed (xecuter 2.3 lite) and im getting ready to set up evox, but i had a question. The way i understood it, once i put the modchip in and installed evox, i could put a game into the xbox and back it up to the hard drive, is this true? If not, how do i backup games and put them on the hd?

#2 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 July 2004 - 08:33 PM

Yes, this is true. Read the Newbie Guides and tutorials. Everything is explained there. smile.gif

#3 Sai1002

Sai1002

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Interests:XBOX,PS2, GIRLS, SPORTS,
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 26 July 2004 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (Zimmerz @ Jul 26 2004, 04:32 PM)
I just got a modchip installed (xecuter 2.3 lite) and im getting ready to set up evox, but i had a question.  The way i understood it, once i put the modchip in and installed evox, i could put a game into the xbox and back it up to the hard drive, is this true?  If not, how do i backup games and put them on the hd?

Think of evox as the Operational System... like Windows XP...now you need programs... dvd2xbox will enable you to copy games directly to your hard drive...*so it's true* and if you want to save it on your computer... you just simply ftp the files from the xbox hard drive to the pc

Edited by Sai1002, 26 July 2004 - 08:35 PM.

#4 Zimmerz

Zimmerz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 08:36 PM

Thats the thing, i cant FTP to my xbox so im going to have to do it with a disk instead. Thats why i was worried i wouldnt be able to do backup games. Just a couple more questions, then ill leave lol. First, can i backup MP3's the same way? Secondly, about how big is each xbox game i will backup, filesize?

#5 spaceboy68

spaceboy68

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 08:37 PM

Hi, i have more or less the same predicament but i'm REALLY NEW. Could you please tell me how to access irc to get what i need? I've installed mirc 14 but i don't know where to go. Thanks

#6 Oldmanjoe

Oldmanjoe

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts
  • Interests:Baseball<br />Modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 July 2004 - 08:40 PM

If you have an application like Xbox Media Center, you can backup MP3's to E:\ Music and play them from Media Center. Also, Xbox games vary in size, from 200MB all the way up to 8GB. I guess the "average" size is about 2GB.

#7 1337.h4x0r

1337.h4x0r

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 122 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 26 July 2004 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (Zimmerz @ Jul 26 2004, 09:39 PM)
Thats the thing, i cant FTP to my xbox so im going to have to do it with a disk instead. Thats why i was worried i wouldnt be able to do backup games. Just a couple more questions, then ill leave lol. First, can i backup MP3's the same way? Secondly, about how big is each xbox game i will backup, filesize?

Why can't you ftp to your xbox? It is easy i can make a turtorial for you if you want. And yes you can back-up mp3s. And the filesize of an average game is like 2GB more or less so u definatly should get a bigger hard-drive.

#8 datapusher

datapusher

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 08:43 PM

There are at least a million tutorials on mirc.

Google is your best friend. With that said.

In your options select an efnet server. Popular ones for me are prison and lightning.

When you get on to a server your console will scroll with alot of text. Mostly server info and stats and the MOTD.

At this point in your console window (the only one you can type into) type "/j #xbins"

or as a faster rout you could type /server irc.prison.not
then type /j or /join #xbins

if that doesn't make sense utilize a handy feature on mirc called the help menu.

#9 1337.h4x0r

1337.h4x0r

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 122 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 26 July 2004 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (Oldmanjoe @ Jul 26 2004, 09:43 PM)
If you have an application like Xbox Media Center, you can backup MP3's to E:\ Music and play them from Media Center. Also, Xbox games vary in size, from 200MB all the way up to 8GB. I guess the "average" size is about 2GB.

Darn you beat me to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users