3 replies to this topic

#1 0123456

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 11:58 PM

V1.0 seems quite good.

I'm wondering if it is possible to trim the selection screen down - I only use XBSMP shares so I don't need DVDROM, XNS etc.. links clogging up the screen.

I tried deleteing all of the unwanted <bookmarks> but XBMC came up with an "error at line 189 in XML" and wouldn't load.

Any ideas?

#2 heinrich

heinrich

..assuming the role of God

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 July 2004 - 12:01 AM

get rid of <share>'s

#3 nimbles

nimbles

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • Interests:Student, Mathematical Finance.<br>Most sports, footbal (Arsenal fan), cricket &amp; rugby<br>Movie Junkie.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 27 July 2004 - 12:11 AM

what you did was partially correct in the first place however you deleted a tag that you shouldn't have

what you want to delete is all the unwanted book marks
everything between <bookmark> to </bookmark>, i reckon you must have left a <bookmark> or a </bookmark> in your haste

99% of the xml related errors are because people don't take care in editng the xml correctly.

before you ftp but after editing open the xml in internet explorer or firefox (or any other Internet browser) if it opens fine, then you're ok- you can ftp it across

if there are anny tag errors (e.g. say you accidently deleted </video> then an error will come up in your internet browser, and it will even tell you what line its on .

if you use a text editor more advanced than notepad it is then relatively easy to correct the problem smile.gif

#4 0123456

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 12:37 AM

beerchug.gif I'd missed one out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users