11 replies to this topic

#1 MdRT

MdRT

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 01 June 2002 - 10:09 PM

Anyone get the new MOH game? Looks good, I was thinking of getting, any input would be appreciated.

C'mon PS2 owners don't be bashful 'tis ok to love your PS2. It doesn't mean you dont like the big ugly 'Box wink.gif

#2 BILL GATES

BILL GATES

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2002 - 11:04 PM

yep, got it the other day.

pretty good game. im still playing it.

the only thing i could really pick at is the graphics. they could have done with alot more polishing, but nevertheless, a great title overall smile.gif

while we're on the subject of MOH, does anyone know if Allied Assault or Frontline will be making an Appearance on the xbox anytime soon ? thanks smile.gif

#3 krenz

krenz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 June 2002 - 11:22 PM

Been debating buying this one. I keep picking it up in the stores, but I put it down because I could just imagine the wife's reaction to buying another game.
I just recently got my Xbox with 3 games. wink.gif

Think I best wait a bit.

Any other complaints about the game other than the "graphics tweak"?

#4 X-CALIBUR

X-CALIBUR

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 June 2002 - 12:30 AM

i agree with the graphics. they could have been a little better.

however, theres no slow-downs during heavy fire fights, which is a huge bonus to someone like me who played allied assault to death and got really ragged off, when your fps hit 10 during a fire fight. omaha beach was unbarable at some stages.

definately worth getting.

#5 The Legendary Rob

The Legendary Rob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 02 June 2002 - 02:52 AM

MOH is deffinitely coming out for xbox... it was first supposed to be MOHAA but now they are releasing MOHFA instead. so if u can wait MOHFA will be much better on xbox i guarantee but i can't so i got it for ps2 first day biggrin.gif

#6 MdRT

MdRT

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 June 2002 - 03:10 AM

Wow I got it today expecting mediocre graphics, and it REALLY looks good. The textures are better on the PC, but character models and animations/deaths are better on the PS2. Play it on an HDTV with component cables, and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Of course the controls are never going to be as responsive as the PC, but the missions are different so it's pretty cool.

#7 The Legendary Rob

The Legendary Rob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 02 June 2002 - 11:42 AM

i don't like the fact that u have to push L1 in order to aim. they should have crosshairs on all the time. u shouldn't have to stand still to aim... totally kills it

#8 MdRT

MdRT

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 June 2002 - 09:33 AM

I know the controls take time getting used to, but give the game a try. The more I play it the more I like it.

#9 mario_ps2

mario_ps2

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 07 June 2002 - 02:36 AM

[B][COLOR=green]

Yes, I got to admit that the ps2 graphics are not that well structured. In fact, there aren't any games that I remember that have had me outstanding unbeliveable graphics like RE for GC or SM for XBOX.

Ps2 is the worst of all the 3 consoles in the graphics department, there is simply too much bluriness when an object is moving. I really hate this, it makes my eyes hurt mad.gif

XBOX and GC .......rule rolleyes.gif

#10 mario_ps2

mario_ps2

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 07 June 2002 - 02:36 AM

Yes, I got to admit that the ps2 graphics are not that well structured. In fact, there aren't any games that I remember that have had me outstanding unbeliveable graphics like RE for GC or SM for XBOX.

Ps2 is the worst of all the 3 consoles in the graphics department, there is simply too much bluriness when an object is moving. I really hate this, it makes my eyes hurt mad.gif

#11 mario_ps2

mario_ps2

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 07 June 2002 - 02:38 AM

#12 MdRT

MdRT

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 June 2002 - 04:01 AM

Hmmm if you mean that the Xbox textures are better I agree, but the poly count on the PS2 is good enough to compete with either of them. Actually it does more polys than the GC, but the gamecube games "look" better because of the amount of texture memory as well. Eventhough graphics are important, you have to have good games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users