X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Modding my Xbox :)
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 July 2004 - 04:50 AM

For some reason.. when using the UDE2 walkthrough (mine) on my buddies K: 5530 box, when I reboot the xbox, it just hangs @ the xbox boot screen,, goes through the animation and the MS logo pops up... but it just hangs.. no errors... just hang... any ideas? I tried using the fonts from both 6.0 and 7.0 and tried using both original dash (the patcher gave me a checksum error even though the file sizes match EXACTLY) and the dash from slayers. Anyone run into this or have an idea?

Edit: This dash is 5960

Edited by scrupul0us, 27 July 2004 - 05:00 AM.

#2 chimpanzee

chimpanzee

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 05:08 AM

QUOTE (scrupul0us @ Jul 27 2004, 05:53 AM)
For some reason.. when using the UDE2 walkthrough (mine) on my buddies K: 5530 box, when I reboot the xbox, it just hangs @ the xbox boot screen,, goes through the animation and the MS logo pops up... but it just hangs.. no errors... just hang... any ideas? I tried using the fonts from both 6.0 and 7.0 and tried using both original dash (the patcher gave me a checksum error even though the file sizes match EXACTLY) and the dash from slayers. Anyone run into this or have an idea?

Edit: This dash is 5960

don't trust the size, only checksum.

#3 scrupul0us

scrupul0us

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 05:14 AM

Well it doesnt really matter b/c i believe you can't use the original 5960 dash, I think i have to use the one from the slayers disc and downgrade... But im at a loss for ideas since the box isn't returning error codes, its just chillin in bios logo heaven

Edited by scrupul0us, 27 July 2004 - 05:14 AM.

#4 chimpanzee

chimpanzee

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 05:28 AM

QUOTE (scrupul0us @ Jul 27 2004, 06:17 AM)
Well it doesnt really matter b/c i believe you can't use the original 5960 dash, I think i have to use the one from the slayers disc and downgrade... But im at a loss for ideas since the box isn't returning error codes, its just chillin in bios logo heaven

my way of 'debugging' :

1. revert c:\fonts to virgin to ensure that update.xbe(renamed to xboxdash.xbe) can run on this machine

2. after (1) is verfied, use a special version of bert/ernie font that blink the LED in red to ensure the exploit kick in.

Now we know if it is (1) or (2) that fails. If it is (2) and you have tried all the possible bertie.xtf, report it.

just in case you haven't done it, make sure the language is English.

#5 scrupul0us

scrupul0us

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 05:32 AM

Well, its just wierd cause I did a 5101 box last night, and I had it hang on me, but i reverted from 7.0 fonts to 6.0 and it booted evox just fine and since it isnt crashing, there just has to be something funky going on...

As for flashing LED font... where can i obtain?

#6 EthanHunt_IMF

EthanHunt_IMF

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 05:36 AM

Try it by copying the files in order... do bert first then ernie see if this helps...

Edit: I also had a problem with the s123456789 program to patch a 5960 update.xbe and filesizes did match as well...

Edited by EthanHunt_IMF, 27 July 2004 - 05:38 AM.

#7 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 July 2004 - 05:38 AM

That is why I rather advice on ude1 instead of ude2 also when there is a posibility. Ude1 has been evolved to a stable exploit and ude2 is still new and might still need some finetuning

#8 scrupul0us

scrupul0us

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 06:10 AM

Fixed my problem.. needed to use the generic 6.0 font... I've almost come to the conclusion that if your boot hangs without spitting out an error code, then you have the wrong font installed

#9 Flame2k

Flame2k

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 27 July 2004 - 01:24 PM

with 5530 you should have used ude1. more stable

people often confuse 5530, they automatically assume that you cant downgrade the dash because in the past pbl didnt work on it.

but never mind, ur fixed up now lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users