2 replies to this topic

#1 calenk

calenk

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 08:39 PM

he yall just wonderin if any yall could help me out my bros ps2 dvd drive is messed he never got into the details but hes says ever since he played vice city she dont work no more anyone know whats going on if there is an ajustment or if its happend to you or some shit
thx

#2 amdhunter

amdhunter

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 05:18 PM

LOL, for me it was Legend of Legaia 2. Messed up 2 PS2's in my family. The laser may just need cleaning with a Q-tip and rubbing alchohol, and can of air (seriously worth it) to get to the edges of the laser where the Q-tip won't normally reach.

A friend and I have fixed almost 6 PS2's this way. If that doesn't work, there are options to adjust the laser, but it is a MUCH MORE complicated process than people make it sound. smile.gif

#3 Schmo

Schmo

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 January 2003 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (calenk @ Jan 16 2003, 07:39 PM)
he yall just wonderin if any yall could help me out my bros ps2 dvd drive is messed he never got into the details but hes says ever since he played vice city she dont work no more anyone know whats going on if there is an ajustment or if its happend to you or some shit
thx

Someone spot this boy some punctuation! laugh.gif

Personally I have never heard of a game messing up a laser. I can see where if something was already going wrong with the laser, a game like GTA:VC could mess it up. GTA:VC is constantly streaming textures and audio from the disc so it definitely gives the PS2 drive a workout.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users