2 replies to this topic

#1 efreet

efreet

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 12:20 PM

Hi,
I have a music problem. I can't decide whether to copy all my music to the xbox using the M$ dashboard or using another program that i have. (can't remeber name)

The reason this is a problem is my xbox can't run CD-R, but it can run CD-RW, so for me to rip it using the M$ way it would be such a pain in the arse.
The other problem with this way is i don't know where it stores all the music. I can find it using search but i don't know where its stored. i wouldn't want to go and fill up C: when F: has all the space.
Another pro of this is it i think it rips it in better quality (could be wrong).

The pro's of the other way is that i know where they are stored.

So if anyone has an idea on how to set it up good, it would be much appreicated.

Cheers...

#2 omegajedi

omegajedi

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 July 2004 - 02:48 PM

The music is stored with your game saves in the TDATA or UDATA folders. Can't remember which one. MS Dash also changes the format to something funky, so you can't just drag and drop mp3s or WMAs into the folder and expect it to work. You have to use Virtual Xbox CD Ripper to encode and transfer music from your computer. This is the fastest way to make custom soundtracks and they will be labeled properly as well. Link is in my sig for the dowload. There are other programs that can do the same thing but this is the only one I have tried.

#3 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 July 2004 - 04:19 PM

if your worried about quality use window media player to rip to high quality wma (196kb) and transfer those with virtual xbox cd ripper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users