Restore Bios

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ltheONEl

ltheONEl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:I'm depressed Self distructive type.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 27 July 2004 - 06:27 PM

hi guys, I happend to click the restore bios option in avalaunch (latest ver) yesteday! and killed my xbox. immediate reboot followed by continuous flashing Red of the Eject LED. Does anyone know if this is fixable. I have removed my modchip and put the original HD back in sad.gif to no avail. any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

PS. I got a new xbox and am thinking of Xecuter 3 when it comes out? is this a good choice for avalaunch or is the smartXX better?

Thanks guys

J.

Edited by ltheONEl, 27 July 2004 - 06:27 PM.

#2 sha

sha

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 July 2004 - 08:00 PM

I think you enabled the write to Eprom then restored from eprom. I did the same and have not got anything from anyone. If you used a Modchip and removed it then re-installed the old locked drive it would have worked.

I used FireFuckers new Xdisk and was not thinking. I need to know where it retores the epromm info from that way I can reload a working one then re-moddify with the box information.

#3 ltheONEl

ltheONEl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 08:40 PM

Cool, I wondered if reason it would not start was due to unlocked HD. If thats the case then I should be abale to take the locked HD from my new XBOX and hopefully my xbox will come alive.

#4 sha

sha

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 09:43 PM

You can get to the Ava dash or a modded dash correct? You just cannot boot the onboard bios?

What version xbox is it? IE Halo SE/Crystal.... 1.4-1.5

#5 ltheONEl

ltheONEl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 10:49 PM

No, it an early 1.0 or 1.1 board. I can't boot with Mod on or off the board. only a flashing red light. HD and DVD spin up but nothing else. no DASH from either!

#6 sha

sha

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 01:59 AM

Ouch? Then the drive must have been locked when the eprom was changed. You said it does not boot with the mod taken out and the original drive back in place. Did you unlock the original drive? If you did unlock the original drive the backup may be on that drive.

Edited by sha, 28 July 2004 - 07:41 PM.

#7 Arakon

Arakon

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 02:48 AM

with a fucked eeprom the xbox doesn't try to boot anything at all, in fact it doesn't even get to the HD check. if you don't have a backup on your PC of your eeprom, you're pretty much fucked if your HD was locked with anything but configmagic, and you can forget live too unless you buy a new eeprom from someone else. to just get it working you can flash a bios with an embedded "blank" eeprom.bin (from configmagic, it's not capable of unlocking your HD or going on live, though) to your chip, which requires you to have an external way of flashing your chip.

#8 sha

sha

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 07:40 PM

I stand corrected, continuous red flashing would not be the same result I described. Was your drive in a locked or unlocked state when the eprom was changed.

I am still stuck on what I should do, Avalaunch has a restore from eprom option and I see no documentation on where it gathers this information.

I have a good backup of an eprom from another box that I plan on using so I just need the location.

#9 sirotz

sirotz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 06:16 PM

Perfect. I have been having the same freaking problem. The one loop hole I have found so far is that I can boot cromwell. But what good is that? I tried the cromwell eeprom flashing tut I found however with no results. (I got the eeprom off of my bro in law's box) I know that my hdd isn't and never was locked so Im kind of at a loss. I just might be soldering a new one off of one of my dead mobo's. Man this might be it for me and avalaunch. I will keep everyone posted on the results here is the link to the forum I found. http://forums.xbox-s...topic=248937

#10 the joker

the joker

Avalaunch Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 August 2004 - 11:13 AM

think we've said this a million times by now : "dont mess with the eeprom if you don't know how to recover"

that goes for any program, msdash, mediaplayer, godknowswhat. They can all fail

#11 ltheONEl

ltheONEl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 03:38 PM

as a matter of fact I can design VLSI and blow eproms out my ass, construct DMA controllers design uProcs and build computers from the atom up. The only reason I posted here was to help provide me with with the shortest path to resolution. My xbox Lives. Thankyou for the sarcasm.

unity.

#12 trentdadi

trentdadi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 04:09 AM

Well it would be nice for you to post exactly what you did to get it working and maybe try and get it in the tuts section to help out others that are having the same problem, if in fact you did fix it and not just bought another one.

#13 ltheONEl

ltheONEl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 12:50 PM

I did buy a new one! but only cause I'm impatient and needed a working DVD player. got myself an xecuter, and replaced the bullshit cheap chip previously installed. boot from evox auto installer cd, blast M8 bios. XBOX resurected. Now I got a LIVE machine and CHIPED machine.

Sorry for previous post, I just get pissed off when people provide unhelpful obvious statements. I mean, whats the point of telling me not to do somthing I already did!!! that make no sense to me. doh!

#14 sirotz

sirotz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 04:26 PM

Finally got it. I did the same thing as my above post states (cromwell flashing) however the differance was I was using a 1.0 eeprom (with some searching around the forums shows incompatablitly with all other versions) now It's golden. And I don't think there is anyway I will be able to leave my beloved avalaunch I just won't screw around when Im half asleep.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users