4 replies to this topic

#1 jimbo991

jimbo991

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 07:27 PM

Hey guys, I've been reading the thread on what each exploit does and I noticed a few of them (the one's that involve altering the ST.DB file) claim that you can't play custom soundtracks in games. However, I noticed a long time ago that if you hex edit the xbe's of the game and/or the MS dash, and replace all instances of ST.DB with ST.BD (or whatever you renamed your soundtrack file to) the games (and the MS dash if launched from Evox or whatever else you use) will actually play your custom soundtracks. In fact, you can create new soundtracks too if you use the altered MS Dash to creat them with. Just something I thought I'd throw in there... I'm sure someone has already posted this though.

wink.gif

*Edit: Oh, and if you use DVD2XBOX to make your backups you can just make an ACL or ASL or whatever that thing is called file that will perform this operation automatically for you... makes things really easy!

Edited by jimbo991, 27 July 2004 - 07:29 PM.

#2 total_ass

total_ass

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 27 July 2004 - 07:32 PM

that's only when using audio exploits isn't it? no one uses those anymore.

#3 Flame2k

Flame2k

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 27 July 2004 - 07:34 PM

i have always used fonts, so this wouldnt apply to me, but ive never seen anyone post that before so as far as im concerned u have the credit lol. (so far....) lol

when u poke around with a hex editor u always tend 2 find something. I figured out a few weeks ago on my own how to change the xbox live tab to say what you want lol. this resulted it being set to m$ sucks lol and i had xonlinedash pointing to evox.

hex rules. way 2 go man

#4 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 July 2004 - 07:55 PM

this method is often used with audio hacks to get the soundtracks back in the games and was even needed with particular games in order to play correctly. anyway like mentioned earlier audio hacks are sort of gone now since the font hack has become an ultimate dasboard exploit.

#5 mkjones

mkjones

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 09:43 PM

My dad still uses Mordens old Hack tongue.gif that I installed for him ages ago biggrin.gif He loves it tongue.gif

One day I hope to update him and a few other of the friends/family I helped mod in the past with UDE as soon as I get the time to mess around with it myself wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users