7 replies to this topic

#1 bluMnM

bluMnM

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 28 July 2004 - 05:28 AM

Just wanted to chime in and say thx for the help I recieved from a Veteran of this scene. I had been trying to make progress on a softmodded x-Box for sometime, and had no luck, due to lots of conflicting tutorials, lots of contradictions on the forums, and some plain rude comments to posts. Questions I posted in IRC were ignored or met with crude comments and name calling. I use to be big into sat card programming many years ago and remember that people were anxious to aid newbies and spread the knowledge. It doesn't seem so easy here, I guess times change. I finally PM'ed this Vetern and to my surprise, he spent a few hours online with me and walked me through setting up my x-box. Even when little mistakes popped up, be helped me back track and fix them. I didn't have trouble due to lack of computer knowledge...and I didn't have trouble with putting effort into the research....I just couldn't put some of the peices into place. Alot of NOOBs are in the same boat. If i can help anyone, I will try, and I appriciate the help of the Vetern who aided me. I tried to pay good $$ for the help, and even offed free computer hardware (legit stuff...not stolen or used...I work for a vendor) and he refused payment for the aid. I don't want to post names, because I don't want him to be flooded with PM's...but he knows who he is. THX. I'd also like to thank ldot for all his great contributions, without the great packages, I couldn't even begin to think how much harder things would have been.

#2 scrupul0us

scrupul0us

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Modding my Xbox :)
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 July 2004 - 05:42 AM

I know exactly how you feel... It finally took the personal touch of someone being to guide me through it (call it tech support if you will) that got me up and running. I decided to give back by writing a tutorial and keep it updated. That and trying ot help anyone who i can who comes through "our" doors.

Edited by scrupul0us, 28 July 2004 - 05:42 AM.

#3 RiceCake

RiceCake

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • Interests:Wait, what the hell?<br />Your interested in what I do?<br />None of your damn buisness!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 July 2004 - 05:51 AM

Yeah there's still some good people in this forum who'll do everything for you if you just ask right.

Some people are spazzes though, and some are just complete idiots. laugh.gif

#4 SargeZT

SargeZT

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 28 July 2004 - 05:57 AM

Well, to be honest, some (read: most) of the people on the IRC channels are pretty much complete douchebags when it comes to softmods, believing they shouldn't even be used. I agree with them to an extent, softmods should not be attempted by the unknowing.

But even so, when the chatters turn people away looking for softmodding advice, they either just believe them, or probably commit suicide.

Well, it's a sad deal either way. I really thought the entire community was about freedom from MS, and freedom of choice with what to do with your XBox. However, when people disregard a large part of the community because of their personal views, it's a sad day for all.

-Sarge

#5 scrupul0us

scrupul0us

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Modding my Xbox :)
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 July 2004 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE (SargeZT @ Jul 28 2004, 12:00 AM)
(read: most) of the people on the IRC channels are pretty much complete douchebags

Thats my feeling towards just about 98% of IRC's users

#6 kid a

kid a

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 08:43 AM

yeah, I was overwhelmed by all the options and techniques and really didn't know what most of them meant or did, as well as a bit afraid to ask about procedure as on many other forums vets aren't too welcoming for newcomers, especially those that are confused and clueless, but thanks to ipodder's and other's tutorials/advice and ldot's tools I was able to easily understand and actually mod my xbox flawlessly and in a relatively short amount of time. hopefully the guys over on the modded software/app forums are the same. smile.gif

#7 as1986

as1986

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 28 July 2004 - 10:29 AM

i've never had the chance to do "hardmodding" ,not knowing nobody selling chips sad.gif , so i dunno how to compare these two methods to free ur xbox tongue.gif
and IMO i think softmodding is really kewl...u don't have to open the chasm and still can have the MS security crap bypassed!
i'm not saying that softmod is better in every aspect, but it indeed prevails when it comes to warranty...
ofcourse u void ur xbox while doing any kinds of modding, but if ur hardmodded xbox is broken u will have to repair it yourself. and softmodded ones...if they don't check the harddisk entirely... u know what i'm saying laugh.gif
(i'm not promoting cheating on MS cool.gif )
i don't know why people dislike softmodding uhh.gif it isn't that hard. no matter what u did to your xbox HD, as long as u have a gamesave-exploit stored in your HD, you're safe. and don't unplugged it for too long(my advice:don't unplug it at all!) you are still able to recover it to its original state, using FTP via the gamesave hack.

#8 adil786

adil786

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 July 2004 - 10:43 AM

well, if any1 EVER needs any help with tHc dashboards, hex editing, ude help, pbl help, advice, case modding and game playing then give Adil a shout! (pm)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users