3 replies to this topic

#1 $langer

$langer

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 04:22 PM

I recently bought a FRAGing xbox off ebay and it's now up and running; however there are a few things missing:

2 of the long case screws (torx 20)
All 3 of the HDD and DVD tray screws (torx 10)
All but 3 of the mobo tray screws (torx 10)
1 rubber foot

I most likely can manage with without the screws (anyone know where I can get replacements screws?) but the 1 missing rubber foot is annoying. Any time I even touch my Xbox, it pivots back and forth due to the missing foot...

Does anyone have any ideas or experience on how to replace the rubber feet or know of an easy way to make them? (not sure where I would get the materials..)

Thanks!

#2 Andrew123654

Andrew123654

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 04:27 PM

Just an idea, but you could cut one of the foots in half and put one half where you are missing a foot and it would keep the box level.

#3 OverG

OverG

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 04:44 PM

you can get them here:
LLamma

They have every-ting you want....every-ting?..yes every-ting! (screws too) laugh.gif

note: I do not work for them and i am not associated with LLamma in any way...I am just answering the question. smile.gif

If you want the raw materials, I suggest:
McMaster Carr .com
I know they have rubber sheets with the adhesive already on the back...they also have everything else under the sun. Their catalog is a must for any gear-head. (such as myself..lol) They probably have the screws there too..if you want to search hard enough.
I don't work for McMaster Carr either.

Then again, I like Andrew134654's solution too. He has a very cost effective solution there. cool.gif

Regards,
OverG

Edited by OverG, 28 July 2004 - 05:00 PM.

#4 $langer

$langer

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 06:21 PM

LOL yah Andrew123654's idea is not bad, definately will save some cash. Any ideas on what to use to make the feet stick?

Wow LLamma does have everything, I just gotta find out if shipping a spare foot to Canada would be worth it tongue.gif

BTW, where do they get all this stuff, like DVD rom face plate. Do they buy new boxes and strip them down, or is this stuff used?

Edited by $langer, 28 July 2004 - 06:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users