#1 BarkingMad

BarkingMad

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 28 July 2004 - 06:10 PM

Hi folks,
I have lost ability to connect to my xbox via ftp. It all happend just recently and i do not know what is the problem. Everything used to work just fine.

I did check the cables that go from my router (DI-604) to the xbox-even swaped the cables around to my pc to make sure it's in working order. The light on my router that turns green when something (other pc or xbox-when it worked) is hooked up does not turn green whn my xbox is hooked up. I also swaped the cables in ports on the router to test them and they are ok as well.
Than i made sure that xbox if ftp enabled and it was.

Aside from that i do not konw what else to check.
I did get banned from Live, due to partially my fault, I let someone play around on my machine without disconecting the network cable. But i don't immagine that would be the problem, because i still was able to ftp to the xbox after that.

I used Slayers auto installer v 2.1 and kernel version is 1.00.4977.01
xbox version is 1.0 and it has xecuter 2.1 Lite ( i cut off the LED because it was too bright at night) and 120 gig HD

As i said ftp used to work before.

Any suggestion would be much appreciated

Thanks

Jarek

#2 SpudGunMan

SpudGunMan

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts
  • Interests:mexico water, how when you touch a girl you get sweaty, costco hot dogs, proper first aid
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 July 2004 - 12:29 AM

boot up with slayerCD and see if you have a IP on the dash yes then try ftp if no ..there is your problem

#3 BarkingMad

BarkingMad

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 01:36 AM

I booted up with Slayers CD and there is no IP on the dash....
I still dont know what the problem is.
My xbox is not seeing the networking connections all of a sudden, but it used to network just fine some time ago

#4 SpudGunMan

SpudGunMan

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts
  • Interests:mexico water, how when you touch a girl you get sweaty, costco hot dogs, proper first aid

Posted 29 July 2004 - 01:40 AM

you got link lights? you have either a lack of DHCP or a physical problem

#5 BarkingMad

BarkingMad

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 04:25 AM

no link lights at all, not on the router and not on the back of the xbox

#6 SpudGunMan

SpudGunMan

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 12:50 PM

that's a physical problem your cable is bad your router port is bad your xbox is bad try and find which one. (start with the cable)

#7 drRAVALOT

drRAVALOT

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 29 July 2004 - 02:14 PM

i would double check your settings for the ip/dns/gateway ..just incase it did get changed

#8 BarkingMad

BarkingMad

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 04:31 AM

So I checked the cables and they are ok, checked the router and it's ok, and than finally took my xbox to my buddys house and hooked it up to his network and nothing (no green light comes on, and all the network lines in the system settings are empty-no ip, no dhcp, nothing). So it is the network card on the xbox that is not working.

Now here is the question. What would cause it to go out? Could it be a loose wire from the mod chip? Or just the care stppped working.
Is there a way to soldier some other networking card or some such to make it work again?

Any thoughts would be much appeciated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users