8 replies to this topic

#1 circuitvid

circuitvid

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 07:10 PM

I originally modded the xbox by soldering the circuitboard and using the x2 bios. I had some problems with the system freezing up when booting and in the middle of some games. I pulled out the 250gb hd, put in the original hd and re-flashed the TSOP. I used the evoxM7 bios and put the large hd back in. Now the 250gb hard drive shows up as a 128gb. I'm assuming that the hd was partitioned, but I need to know how to re-format the hd back to the full 250gb. I tried to use the re-format option in the slayer's disk and it says it is formatted but it still shows 128gb.
Please Help!!!!
thanks,
circuitvid

#2 pepsik

pepsik

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 07:16 PM

Sounds like the bios that was flashed was not lba48 enabled. Meaning that the bios can only see 137gb of data. Use xbtool to enable lba48 on the bios and reflash.

#3 circuitvid

circuitvid

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 08:18 PM

how do I do that? Is xbtools on the slayer's disk? If so, I don't see it. is it something I can do through FTP? How do I go about doing what you said? thanks for the reply, by the way.
Please Help!!!
Thanks,
circuitvid

#4 Hill_Dill

Hill_Dill

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 July 2004 - 08:23 PM

Just go to the usual places and find a bios that accepts hd's over 137 gb and ftp to your box and flash through evox.

#5 pepsik

pepsik

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 09:24 PM

xbtool can be found at the usual places. It's a pc application that allows you to alter and modify a BIOS. Basically you get xbtool and use it to open the bios.bin file, from there you have the option to turn off the flubber, change the start screen colors and alter the size of the BIOS. The latest version allows you to lba48 patch the image so that it can recognize a drive larger than 137gb.

Xbtool cannot modfy the latest Bios' since they come with their own bios changing utility.

If your going to search for a newer bios the last to decimals tell you what kind of partition system you'd like.

i.e
498x.06 means big fat F: drive or F: take the rest of the sapce
498x.67 means that F: is filled to 137gb limit and G: drive takes the rest of the space.

Edited by pepsik, 28 July 2004 - 09:25 PM.

#6 Scaramanga

Scaramanga

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 28 July 2004 - 09:58 PM

ditch evox M7 or modify it.
Get x2 4983.06

#7 circuitvid

circuitvid

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 08:23 AM

How do I go about deleting the partition that already exists on the hard drive through the xbox. When I re-flash and use x2_4983.06, won't the f drive still show up as 128gb until I re-format the drive. I guess my question is: When I redo the bios will I need to do anything to the hd or will it automatically show up as 250gb? Please let me know...thank you guys for all the help so far.
circuitvid

#8 Strud1512

Strud1512

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 July 2004 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE (circuitvid @ Jul 30 2004, 09:26 AM)
How do I go about deleting the partition that already exists on the hard drive through the xbox.  When I re-flash and use x2_4983.06, won't the f drive still show up as 128gb until I re-format the drive.  I guess my question is:  When I redo the bios will I need to do anything to the hd or will it automatically show up as 250gb?  Please let me know...thank you guys for all the help so far.
circuitvid

When you install the LBA48 enabled bios (X2 4983.06) you will have to reformat the F: partition to get it to use all the available space (it will end up being approx 230gb). Of course, anything on the F: drive will be lost when this is done, so backup anything you need first.
Note: You don't have to reformat all the partitions - just F:

Edited by Strud1512, 30 July 2004 - 09:24 AM.

#9 circuitvid

circuitvid

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 03:21 AM

how do I reformat the hd...when I use the re-format option on the slayer's disk, it doesnt eliminate the partition. Is there another way to do this?
Thanks
circuitvid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users