• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew123654

Andrew123654

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 07:59 PM

I asked this in the audio section but not enough people troll to get a good answer. I want to hook my 2 speaker stereo up to my xbox and I even drew a picture.

user posted image

Does anyone know what I need to buy to get it to work? I remember seeing an RCA hookup that have like a piggy back thing where you could hook one set of RCA cables to the back of the other set, then plug both into the TV through the first set. Thanks for any help!

#2 Killa420

Killa420

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 08:26 PM

If your using the yellow / red / white av cord from your box do this. Take the yellow cord, stick it in the video of the tv. Buy some connector plugs your white / red wires and also another red / white audio cable since it wont be long enough. Hook the connectors to the xbox's red / white cables, now plug in your new red / white cables into the connectors, run those to your stereo, turn your stereo on aux and you should have sound.

#3 Funkadelik

Funkadelik

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 29 July 2004 - 08:31 PM

this is how u do it. diconnect the cable box audio in and put the rcas from the tv(with xbox hooked up in the other rcas) in the AUDIO in and change ur setero to input .. u get sound.. then connect the rcas from cable box to another audio in .. if u dont have anymore audio ins, then buy a switch that allows for more inputs..how it made sense

#4 Killa420

Killa420

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 08:34 PM

Or rca splitters, they are cheap

#5 Andrew123654

Andrew123654

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 08:50 PM

I think this is what I need - http://www.sfcable.c...tegory_Code=AV1

But I need 2 female the same color (2 reds, I for xbox and 1 for audio in, then the audio out will go to the front of the tv. Then I just need red and white, the yellow is for picture and I could just link the xbox up with that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users