8 replies to this topic

#1 Master Reefed

Master Reefed

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 01:14 AM

just to run Linksboks, and to be able to download gamesaves through UnleashX and Avalaunch.

Can My XBOX use the high speed connection we have to go online, without a PC, a Router, or XBOX Live, just by plugging into the modem?

#2 vjreddy12

vjreddy12

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 30 July 2004 - 03:01 AM

Yes it can.

If you have an ethernet broadband modem, then just plug your moden into the XBox's network card.

Just remeber to change the evox.ini "Static IP" setting to OFF.

biggrin.gif

#3 Master Reefed

Master Reefed

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 03:43 AM

Im using unleashX, but u say all I gotta do is turn off Static?

wow One day and this went NINE pages in!

#4 Master Reefed

Master Reefed

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 03:58 PM

that didnt work, any other ideas?

#5 brandonbr22own

brandonbr22own

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 04 August 2004 - 04:21 PM

It should work with his recommendation. The only other thing you need to do would be to change the gateway dns to see the modem. Example: in the network settings you will see Gateway: 192.168.0.1 or something to that effect. It needs to match that of the modem. cool.gif

#6 angrypants

angrypants

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 08:38 PM

If you want this to work you have to set up your xbox to recive an ip address through dhcp. That means that insted of giving your xbox an ip address yourself your isp would assign it by itself. Try taking the eithernet cable that comes out of the cable modem and plug that directly into your xbox. Start the xbox and then go to the settings of whaterver dash you are using and look to see if you are getting an ip address of any kind. If you are then that means that you are infact connecting to the internet and everything should work out just fine. You said that you want to do this with out the use of a pc or a router so that means that your only option is to unplug your eithernet cable from your pc every time you want to use the xbox online and plug it directly into the xbox. If you want both the pc and the xbox to be able to get online at the same time you would have to purchase a router of some sort and set up a network they are so cheap these days I would say thats it's worth the time and the money to set it up. If you don't want to do this you sould also get a second nic card in your pc and run another eithernet cable to a hub, switch, or use a cross over cable to connect your xbox to the pc which would connect to the internet and on the pc enable internet sharing.

#7 Master Reefed

Master Reefed

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 04:06 AM

It did detect an IP, it was slightly different than that of the PC, but still couldnt get access, hell I dunno...I will try the dns stuff though Thx for the looooong response tho lol
How do I get my DNS and Gateway numbers that I need without cakllin my ISP?

Edited by Master Reefed, 05 August 2004 - 04:08 AM.

#8 SpudGunMan

SpudGunMan

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts
  • Interests:mexico water, how when you touch a girl you get sweaty, costco hot dogs, proper first aid
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 August 2004 - 07:57 AM

i didnt know you could pull DHCP form the normal ISP's you dont want to turn off static...

if i follow this thread you need to TURN off DHCP and copyt he settings that your PC uses (gateway etc) just unplug your PC when your xbox is on.

#9 Master Reefed

Master Reefed

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 04:15 PM

it did pull an IP when I set it to DHCP, but still didnt connect, I need to get my all my PC's settings includin DNS and gateway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users