Bigz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 August 2004 - 05:27 AM

QUOTE (RoboChicken @ Aug 6 2004, 10:55 PM)
So your Chip turns off when your Xbox turns off. But you can't turn your chip off to go on Live right?

I saw this on the Xecuter forums:

"It seems like the only solution to disable the chip is to add a extra swith on the black wire (LPC Pin1, LCLK) I have noticed that even though i disconnect +5V the chip isnt completely disabled, and ms-dash cant be loaded. I have to also disconnect black wire (LPC Pin1, LCLK) to completely disable the chip."

So can a DPDT (or DPST?) switch be used to disconnect 5v and [LPC1, LCLK] at the same time thus disabling the modchip? If this is possible is it also possible to modify the existing Xecuter on/off switch to cut both 5v and LPC1?

Also the issue with locking the drive - couldn't i just install a Xenium ICE, lock it, take it out, and put my Xecuter in? But then i'd have to remove the pin header in order to do a wire install so the Xecuter will turn off... man I have a headache...

That is correct, if I turn the chip off via the regular switch, it frags. If someone does get a definite way to mod a switch for disabling the chip fully, please post it and some good pics if possible.

#47 doriftu

doriftu

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 07 August 2004 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE (RoboChicken @ Aug 7 2004, 06:12 AM)
I am confused because I've never installed an Xecuter on a 1.6 before. Guess I should read more, actually try it, then complain after smile.gif . Got my SPST switch, v1.6 xbox, and X2.3blite in front of me right now. Be back in an hour w/ results and pics.

see, that's what im talking about...heheheh let us see those pics when your done, *crosses fingers, and wishes you luck*

#48 xl-

xl-

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 05:50 AM

Just to clarify for everyone...

The colors in the following picture do not correspond with those of the wire harness or the standard install tutorial. So you must take note of this if you're going to solder directly to the lads.

http://www.teamxecut...ebuild_x23B.jpg

#49 RoboChicken

RoboChicken

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 07 August 2004 - 07:34 AM

Holy shit... ohmy.gif It works!

- Xecuter switch on + SPST Switch on = Pink Evox Shield!
- Xecuter switch on + SPST Switch off = FRAG
- Xecuter switch off + SPST Switch on = FRAG
- Xecuter switch off + SPST Switch off = Booting 'TSOP' baby
- Chip shuts off w/ Xbox just fine

YESS!! I don't have to spend an extra $20 on Xenium ICE anymore! Here are pictures - now someone go make a tutorial I'm too lazy tongue.gif :

Wire running from LPC1 to SPST submini switch

Extended red wire to alternate 5v, Extended black wire to SPST submini switch, Grey wire to LFRAME

Alt 5v close up

SPST submini switch connected to LPC1 and blackwire on harness

Mounting toggle switch 1

Mounting toggle switch 2

Mounting toggle switch 3

Toggle + Xecuter switch

Misc 1
Misc 2
Misc 3
Misc 4
Misc 5
Misc 6
Misc 7

EDIT: Forgot to shoot a pic of my LPC rebuild. I installed the harness first then rebuilt the LPC.

EDIT: My balls were feeling heavy so I connected to Live, updated, and rebooted. No problems so far! Ha!

EDIT: Next x23blite I do, I'm going to cut the two on/off wires from the modchip and solder them along with LPC1+Blackwire to a DPST switch so I only have to use one switch. I wonder if there's a way to convert the Xecuter on/off to DPST. Xecuter- maybe you can just make a new X23blite switch that is DPST and has points to solder LCP1 and black wire.

Edited by RoboChicken, 07 August 2004 - 10:54 AM.

#50 deusprogrammer

deusprogrammer

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Electronics, System Modifications, and Anime
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 07 August 2004 - 12:07 PM

Hey guys, long time no see. I haven't been on in a long time. But I wanted to thank you guys for the advice...it took me a while to get it right, but in the end it worked. If you ever have a fragging problem with this chip, just try resoldering everything. The golden rule. And don't leave off the cyan colored wire (for rebuilding the LPC) like I did. I thought it was optional. But in any case, I used the alternate 5.5V point, and it worked like a charm. This was my first 1.6 mod and I couldn't have done it without you guys. Thanks!

#51 X-ecuter

X-ecuter

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (RoboChicken @ Aug 7 2004, 08:37 AM)
Holy shit... ohmy.gif It works!

of course works wink.gif

well done for having balls to try it out with success

#52 X-ecuter

X-ecuter

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (deusprogrammer @ Aug 7 2004, 01:10 PM)
The golden rule.  And don't leave off the cyan colored wire (for rebuilding the LPC) like I did.  I thought it was optional.

Absolutley incorrect - please dont post information like this as it starts a hundred ppl of questioning it and asking why it says not to on our diagram

X2.3B does NOT use the 3.3v point ok - so its ABOLUTLEY POINTLESS that you fit the cyan link

Edited by X-ecuter, 07 August 2004 - 04:10 PM.

#53 X-ecuter

X-ecuter

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (xl- @ Aug 7 2004, 06:53 AM)
Just to clarify for everyone...

The colors in the following picture do not correspond with those of the wire harness or the standard install tutorial. So you must take note of this if you're going to solder directly to the lads.

http://www.teamxecut...ebuild_x23B.jpg

you telling me that someome actually got confused by this ?

im not sure how many baby steps I have to make anymore sad.gif

#54 Fuku2

Fuku2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE (X-ecuter @ Aug 1 2004, 01:58 AM)
you rebuild the lpc so you can use a pin header

if you are going to use the wire install you may as well solder direct to the LAD points - absolutley no need to rebuild the LPC

I am still quite confused (always has to be someone). I just did a 2.3 lite (the blue one!) install on my Xbox which was not 1.6 (came with Clones wars/Tetris bundle on same DVD). I just followed the instructions here http://www.teamxecut..._lite_wires.htm and it worked great.

Now my roomate just bought an Xbox yesterday so I could mod it with a 2.3 lite as well. His Xbox is dated April 2004 which is most certainly a 1.6 version. I was thinking of telling him to return it (Walmart) and to try to find an older version for me to work with since I have only modded one Xbox....mine and I don't have experience in doing it but I am adverterous.
However, if I do decide to do a wire install on his (I don't want to rebuild the LPC to do a pin header install) where do I solder the wires to? The wire harness comes with Red, Blue, Yellow, Orange, Purple, Black and Gray wires. Do I just follow the wire install instructions for the older verisons of the Xbox?

Also, do you really have to flash the chip before installing it?

Edited by Fuku2, 07 August 2004 - 05:00 PM.

#55 X-ecuter

X-ecuter

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (Fuku2 @ Aug 7 2004, 06:00 PM)
(I don't want to rebuild the LPC to do a pin header install) where do I solder the wires to? The wire harness comes with Red, Blue, Yellow, Orange, Purple, Black and Gray wires. Do I just follow the wire install instructions for the older verisons of the Xbox?

Also, do you really have to flash the chip before installing it?

you should fit the pin header - not only is it way easier its neater.

and yes you do have to flash the bios first just hot swap it with your buddies box.

use the search button to find out how.

#56 Fuku2

Fuku2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 05:11 PM

Maybe I'll just wait for the X3. It should be out sometime in August? I haven't ordered the other chip yet anyways. It's supposed to work with the 1.6 right?

Also, thanks for the fast reply. You're obviously very busy.

Edited by Fuku2, 07 August 2004 - 05:12 PM.

#57 M3ATW0D

M3ATW0D

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 07 August 2004 - 05:38 PM

if i had a v1.6 and the money i would design a logic gate to be used off the X2.3b dip switch so you wouldn't have to have an extra switch.

#58 X-ecuter

X-ecuter

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (M3ATW0D @ Aug 7 2004, 06:41 PM)
if i had a v1.6 and the money i would design a logic gate to be used off the X2.3b dip switch so you wouldn't have to have an extra switch.

im not sure i see the relevance in this post ?

#59 M3ATW0D

M3ATW0D

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 07 August 2004 - 05:59 PM

so you could still use the enable disable switch all by itself. no second switch.

#60 X-ecuter

X-ecuter

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 06:01 PM

we know that - im not sure of the relevance of you saying if i had a 1.6 id do this and if i had money i'd do that ?

just seemed a little pointless huh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users