#1 SueMiBlitch

SueMiBlitch

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 12:00 AM

Hello to all,

I bought the Xenium Ice solderless modchip < its really nice, and suprosingly tiny and all that

1) question about that, I know what everything is for except one plug with blue and black wires

Other than that i got my xbox yesterday and voided the warranty yesterday and unfortunately its v1.6 so the solderless adaptor is now useless and i need to do some soldering

The motherboard around the two rows of holes looks like the one in the v1.6 guide on the under and upper side so yes its a 1.6

But there in lies my problem, the 1.6 guide thing didn't explaing anything except how to rewire the LPC or whatever it was

In this i will do the easy method, and i cheked to see that i can find all the connecting points and all, but here are my questions about it

1) what kind of wires do I use.
2)I have 198 degree soldering lead and a 223 temp soldering iron will is this okay?
3) Do i do the pin header install soldering it into the two rows of holes and then attaching the wires? do i take one pin out for that hole thats new to the 1.6 that shouldn't be soldered?

I hope this makes sense.....

PS: good news is the xbox is back together and it works... lol for now

>>I also noticed in this section this post
http://www.ozxodus.c...iewtopic&t=1488
under the reaserch sticky that they used a solderless adaptor to attach the chip?

so do i remove the d0 wire from the adaptor, then screw it into the mother board and then solder the wires to the undeside as shown in the guide?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users