4 replies to this topic

#1 beeson76

beeson76

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 03:28 AM

Just wondering about a few things about Evox. First of all, I am going to use a USB pen drive and the Mechassault savegame to mod my Xbox. My first question is: Which is better: keeping evox on my pen drive or putting it on my hard drive in my Xbox. If I keep it on my pen drive, I would have to go through the savegame everytime I wanted to use Evox, right? What happens to the MS dashboard?--could I still use it if I wanted to? Could I use the MS dashboard if I put Evox on the harddrive?

My second question concerns hooking an unmodded Xbox up to a computer through a crossover cable. When I turn off the Xbox, it says that my network cable is unplugged. Is that normal with an Xbox that is unmodded with no Evox on the harddrive? Do I have to have a modded Xbox to FTP.

Brings up another question. When I make an ISO from a Xbox game, do I have to do it on the Xbox through a network hooked to my computer, or can I do it on my computer?

#2 yamdankee

yamdankee

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 01 August 2004 - 03:44 AM

Which is better: keeping evox on my pen drive or putting it on my hard drive in my Xbox.

Actually, you must put the gamesave on your hard drive. You will only use this save with MA once, after that you will load the Exploit and load Evox. And then from then on youll do that "soundtrack copy blah blah blah" (if youre doing the audio exploit) every time you want to get into Evox.

What happens to the MS dashboard?--could I still use it if I wanted to? Could I use the MS dashboard if I put Evox on the harddrive?

Yes of course. You dont boot up to Evox on a soft mod. You still boot to the MS dash and you do whatever exploit it is to get to Evox.

Is that normal with an Xbox that is unmodded with no Evox on the harddrive? Do I have to have a modded Xbox to FTP.

Yes, that is normal. Your xbox must be modded. You can ftp to your computer only when you are in your Evox dashboard. (And you can also FTP when you are in 'System Options' in Phoenix Bios Loader, if you are using that) but most of the time you ftp in your new dashboard.

When I make an ISO from a Xbox game, do I have to do it on the Xbox through a network hooked to my computer, or can I do it on my computer?

I think what youre saying here is do you have to copy the game to your xbox first and then send it to your computer. Yes only your xbox can read the Xbox game. Xbox hard drive, then you FTP, then you make an ISO of the folder of the game you sent, and then you can burn it. If you want to play it off the xbox hard drive, no you dont have to be connected to your computer, you can just select it in Evox "Play games from the hard drive".

I tried my best not to be confusing. I hope I helped. Feel free to ask anymore questions, it looked like you had some knowledge before you asked. Keep up the good work.

#3 beeson76

beeson76

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 03:54 AM

Yamdankee

Those were the most clear informative answers I think I have ever gotten on a forum. Thanks for taking the time to answer the questions. Appreciate it very much.

Thanks again

#4 beeson76

beeson76

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 04:08 AM

Just thought of some more questions.

I read a tutorial, (Have no idea which one because I read so many) that said to get into Evox, you must press a combination of buttons. I think this was dealing with one of the 4 exploits found so far. Please correct me if I am wrong Found it--it is the tutorial Softmodding for Absolute Beginners. Does this apply everytime you start your Xbox? Just to know. What key presses are they?

About the audio exploit. Does this have anything to do with Mechassault? If not can someone tell me what the audio exploit is and how do you use it, because this is the exploit I think I will probably use.

#5 yamdankee

yamdankee

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 01 August 2004 - 04:08 AM

Well I am glad I could help you. I guess it happens that way when you answer something you know for sure what you are talking about. Like a few threads about this one I said a guy has a 1.6 just because it was a Halo LE. Turns out it might not be.

Oh well, I am glad I can help you. Makes me feel good!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users