• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 baum678

baum678

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 05:38 AM

I have the xnes emulator and when i go into WinRar to extract the files it tells me this Error Message ,

" D:\Emulators\xnes\snes.rar: Unexpected end of archive. "
(D:\ is one of my hard-drive partitons)

Then when i try to extract the files its give me this message,

" D:\Emulators\xnes\snes.rar:CRC failed in default.xbe. THe File is corrupt"

It seemed weird that the only thing in the archive was a Default.xbe file

So then i figured i should repair the file so i went and had WinRar Repair the archive, and alot more files showed up

There is a Media folder, Roms folder, A Default.xbe file, an xnes.txt file (which doesnt display the proper characters upon opening in word/ notepad) and a xnes.xbe file.

So i figured i fixed the problem but then i recieved the same error messages when i tried to extract the rebuilt archive, i then decided to mess with the extraction settings to try and see if that would change things, well it still gave me the errors but it extracted the files,

from there i opened up flashFXP and transfered the files to my apps folder, Xnes shows up on the apps menu, but when i select it, it goes to a loading screen and and then right back to the Evox main menu.

I know i put the the individual roms in the right folder, there is a folder named roms and thats where i put them. The rom files are .nes, and i looked around and didn't see a Xnes.ini, so im not sure if the path to the rom files is wrong or what.
I used xbins for the emulators, so im certain the source of the downloads is good.

I also read somewhere about launching emulators from xbmc, would that make a difference in my case?

any help would be much appreciated

#2 feflicker

feflicker

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 August 2004 - 07:22 AM

Make sure you are using the latest winrar, and that you have all the rar files (.rar, .r01, etc) wink.gif

#3 FusionX

FusionX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 10:07 AM

I have the xnes emulator

Congrats to you smile.gif

" D:\Emulators\xnes\snes.rar: Unexpected end of archive. "
(D:\ is one of my hard-drive partitons)

Then when i try to extract the files its give me this message,

" D:\Emulators\xnes\snes.rar:CRC failed in default.xbe. THe File is corrupt"

Why is it snes? xnes is a Nes (Nintendo Entertainment System, 8bit) emulator

So the real question is, are you trying to run the emulator of nes or snes (16bit)

Nes = released 1986, the system with zelda side scroller, had 2 main buttons A & B. For Nes emulation get fceu.

Snes = released 1992, the system Street Fighter 2 debuted on after the arcade version, had 6 main buttons A, B, X, Y, L, R. For Snes emulation get xsnes9x.

Edited by FusionX, 01 August 2004 - 10:12 AM.

#4 baum678

baum678

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 03:10 PM

I'm using WinRar Version 3.30

Fusionx you were right about my error it is supposed to read

" D:\Emulators\xnes\xnes.rar: Unexpected end of archive"

And im trying to run the nes emulator, but the thing is i get the same problems when i try to extract Nester-x.

And im also not sure why alot of files are missing, until i repair the archive

Also, I apologize if the post seemed a little long and kind of redundant, but i have read way too many threads where it takes 15 replies to the person who started the topic to actually tell what the problem was to begin with

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users