12 replies to this topic

#1 redneon

redneon

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 02:50 PM

I've downgraded my dashboard and got the audio hack working and I can run backups great. However, I can't run a backups from boot or via the dashboard. I have to insert an audio CD and launch EvoX before I can run backups. Is there any way to run backups from boot or via the dashboard without having to insert an audio CD first?

Darrell

#2 skeets73

skeets73

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 04:38 PM

Yep, buy a mod chip smile.gif

If you are complaining about restarting your xbox every time u wanan change a game, then all you gotta do is turn on the IGR in the evox settings. IGR stands for In Game Reset and you just gotta press the Left Trigger + Right Trigger + Black Button + Back Button (the select button on nintendo lol) and it should boot you back into Evox and u can run another backup game on disc or off the hdd without restarting ur xbox and using the audio cd to get back into evox.

-- Chris

#3 total_ass

total_ass

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 01 August 2004 - 04:45 PM

yes, you can dwnload and install the ude which is the best hack out at the moment, it goes into effect each time you boot up your xbox, meaning that you don't have to load evox up yourself, it does it when you turn on for you, and it doesn't suffer from the clock loop problem. It even allows direct booting up of backups.

#4 redneon

redneon

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 04:55 PM

I have read a bit about UDE but I read something which said that you couldn't use Xbox Live if you had UDE installed and I play Xbox live so it wouldn't be an ideal solution for me. Correct me if I'm wrong though. Or is there a way to uninstall UDE so that all I have to do to play on Live is uninstall UDE?

Darrell

#5 total_ass

total_ass

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 04:58 PM

I'm pretty sure that uninstalling the UDE will allow safe access on LIVE, but then the problem is if you wanna use it again you have to re-install it.

#6 redneon

redneon

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 05:00 PM

I'm not too bothered about that. As it stands at the moment I have to downgrade my dashboard after every time I go online anything so uninstalling UDE would be no big deal. Does UDE still use the audio hack or does it use it's own way of doing things?

Darrell

#7 total_ass

total_ass

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 05:14 PM

The UDE uses a font hack, not an audio hack. But before you shit yourself from the word font hack, let me explain.

The UDE is the safest exploit to date, it does not suffer from the clock loop like other font hacks and is extremely easy to install, doesn't corrupt, is reliable and most certainly one of the greatest acheivements in xbox modding history. If you look for ldots memory card installer for UDE/UDE2, (you want UDE not UDE2 if your xbox lets you use an audio hack), all you do is boot the hack from an exploitabe game and it has its own handy installer and backup options and such, then next time you boot you will go to whichever dashboard you chose to install (you have th choice between MXM and Evox, i personally prefer the first, has more features than Evox). Anyway when you want to uninstall the hack, you just boot with the tray open and there is an option to uninstall.

BUT, before the install make sure you have fully deleted the audio hack and all changes it has made to the hard drive, I am not experienced in audio hacks so i don't know what you will have to do, also it is absolutely necessary that your box does not lose power during installation or you are screwed.

I think i explained most things, but go to the XBE exploit forums for more help. wink.gif

#8 redneon

redneon

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 05:26 PM

Ok cheers, I'll check it out. I'm make sure I do the required reading first though smile.gif I've heard that UDE2 is used for the newer Xbox kernels is that true? But the problem, I've heard, is that it only works with US Xboxes. I'm from the UK. The reason I'm asking this is because I have a friend who has just bought an Xbox and he wants to be able to use an exploit too. Any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Darrell

#9 total_ass

total_ass

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 05:38 PM

It is indeed true that UDE2 is for newer kernels and 1.6 xboxes. He may or may not have a 1.6 xbox, it is important that you find out before attempting to install any exploits on it, i live in the u.k as well and i have not actually came across a 1.6 yet, so check to be sure.

If it is a 1.6 he can change his eeprom region thus making it a US xbox and it will then be compatible with UDE2, this is risky and i am not sure how to do this as ConfigMagic does not run on 1.6s, but i know there is a way, you will have to look into it.

But like i said, find out his kernel and version first. wink.gif

#10 redneon

redneon

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 06:09 PM

Ok cheers, you've been a great help. I'm gonna follow the instructions from here...

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=227528

This seems to be the right thread anyway smile.gif Now I just have to hope that I don't accidentally launch Xbox Live without uninstalling UDE.

Darrell

#11 total_ass

total_ass

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 06:15 PM

yup thats the right tutorial to follow smile.gif

As for xbox live, you can infact use it from within a retail game by booting with a retail LIVE game in the drive, this is the only way to use it with the UDE, if you wanna access it from the dashboard you have to uninstall UDE.

The good thing is that now you don't need a specific dashboard version to use the UDE, ldots installer patches your current one to work with it, so when you want to reinstall it after using LIVE, you don't need to downgrade. biggrin.gif

#12 redneon

redneon

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 06:26 PM

Are you sure about this? This is the perfect solution if so but I don't want to get banned from Xbox Live. Does UDE detect if it's a legit DVD on boot or something? How do MS know you have UDE if you run Xbox Live from the dashboard?

Darrell

#13 total_ass

total_ass

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 06:51 PM

this is turning into a conversation. if you use msn then talk to me on that.

total_ass@hotmail.com

basically, ude modifies the dashboard, you cannot access the ms dash after ude unless you edit it to look for the new fonts that ude uses. ldots installer does this for you, but because you are then using an edited ms dash, xbox live will know this if you try to connect through xbox live and you will get banned for life. No way of avoiding it. EVER

However if you set up your xbox live options before you install ude, then you can easily access xbox live through a retail game. it does this by having a dual boot procedure, which is where if you boot with a retail game in the drive then the exploit is not activated, meaning you can put a normal game in your xbox, load it up and access Xbox Live from the retail game. Normally when you boot up your xbox then the first thing it attempts to load is the default.xbe on the disc in the drive, meaning if you have a game in then that loads instead of the exploit. Allowing you safe access from within the game.. This of course does not apply to backups or if you load up your xbox then put the game in.

At the moment if you do the method i just said by booting with a retail game, then MS will not know that you have an exploit on and you are safe. They have not started scanning peoples hard drives yet. Meaning they may do a surpries scan on you when you are not expecting it and could find you out. So for the time being you are in fact safe. If you are nervous then just uninstall and reinstall afterwards, it can be done in minutes, however this may get on your nerves so you might just live with the retail boot method.

IMPORTANT If your dash gets updates after the install, then you will lose the UDE and will have to reinstall, i don't know the consequences of losing the UDE by updating and i am unsure of what will happen, which is why it is important that you make sure you have the latest version of the MS dash on your system before installing. This is very important!!!!! And don't load the MS dash trying to get onto LIVE, that's just ignorant.

Hope that helps, if you have any other questions then IM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users