3 replies to this topic

#1 Epox

Epox

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 06:12 AM

I've been hearing some stuff about xbox flashing onboard Bios chips running games from hard drives evox EvolutionX ... all of this soo confusing to my poor soul. Oh well, so whats this all about? Can I flash my onboard TSOP with some special software I copy to my Xbox HD then go about burning and playing games with no worries? Please help me before I end up doing someting horrible to my consol again.

#2 N00bvin

N00bvin

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 06:24 AM

Just check out the great tutorials on the xbox-scene.com main page link bar....

should give you an idea what you're needing to do... to get what you want...

There are people here that would be glad to help... but just do some "required reading" first... then ask some questions.

Good luck!

#3 Impersonator

Impersonator

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 02:05 PM

Or you could go to this article:
Evolution-X Guide

It's basically the same thing as the Xbox-Scene tutorial.
I don't recommend flashing the xbox bios, because I've seen what you have done with the other bios you had (*cough* pulled the bios out) and I don't know what you could do with another bios, even if it is software related.
Save yourself time and money (Again....)

#4 uniblab

uniblab

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 02:41 PM

you may already know this epox, but you xbox has to be modded in order to flash onboard bios, so it's not like you get out of soldering

Only advantages to flashing onboard is you don't have to worry about loose wires occurring, and you don't have to have mod installed anymore

on the other hand, I kind of like my mod (after all the hassle). Also, heard about too many people making mistakes and either having to reconnect mod, or being screwed. Also like the idea of wiring in a switch at some point to turn homebrew off (not that I really plan to play xbox live, but who knows)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users