Photo

Error Code 06. Anyone Solved This Problem?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Gisslen

Gisslen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 01:34 AM

I have search all over for the answer to my problem, but I can't find it. So I have to post it here.

I have a 1.3 xbox with Xecuter 2.2L. A friend of mine installed the chip and i installed a new HDD (Seagate 120GB). Everything worked fine for a month or two. But one day it crashed during a game. When I restarted it I got error codes. Think it was 13 and 21 or something. I managed to get it running again by reinstalling EvoX. After another month the same thing happend again and even a third time. Yesterday it happend for the fourth time. But now it's Error code 06 (Cannot unlock the HDD). Now I can't reinstall EvoX because I can't get the DVD-player to read my cd's. If I install the original HDD it starts in MS dashboard and everything works normaly.
Can anyone tell me what's wrong? I would be really happy!

#2 Scaramanga

Scaramanga

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 03 August 2004 - 10:21 AM

Error 6 generally occurs when you insert a drive that has been locked with an invalid key for that xbox, such as a drive that has been locked for use in another xbox.

#3 Gisslen

Gisslen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 10:52 AM

I read that in some forums. But I have used my hdd several weeks in my xbox. The last time it crashed, my friend told me to try to lock the hdd if it was unlocked. So I did that when I reinstalled EvoX. That's probably the reason I don't get Error code 13 and 21 anymore. But it's strange that it has been able to unlock it for weeks, but one day it just can't.

Edit:
Then, how do I unlock the hdd to get it working again? If someone knows.

Edited by Gisslen, 03 August 2004 - 10:53 AM.

#4 bronkx1

bronkx1

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 10:34 PM

You may have a bum drive if it keeps looseing data.If its under any kind of warr I would send it in for a replacement.

#5 Gisslen

Gisslen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 09:11 PM

Now the chip is dead. Didn't do anything. So I put it in a friens xbox. He have the same chip, so we unly unplugged it and plugged my in. Still dead. Seems it's the chip that's bad. Can't be the Bios because it worked before. I never did anything to the bios before the crash. So it must be the chip, right?

#6 X-ecuter

X-ecuter

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 07 August 2004 - 12:31 AM

as you have access to someone elses box - the logical thing to do is to do a hot swap and reflash your chip

the entire process takes 60 seconds - includes boot / swap / flash / reset / test

#7 Gisslen

Gisslen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 12:47 AM

Ok. I'll ask if my friend wants to remove his chip so I can borrow it. But my chip seems like it's really dead. None of the LEDs is on. If it's the BIOS that not working, shouldn't the LEDs be on anyway?

#8 GoldStar

GoldStar

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 August 2004 - 06:42 AM

If you have another bank with cromwell on it (I'm not familliar with 2.2 verison) try to boot with that. If it goes your chip isn't dead. (Thats what I would do with my 2.3b)

My hard drive is screwey as well.. neither ava or evox would format my harddrive correctly. I decided to switch to UnleashX and used the format feature from there and it formatted my hard drive just fine. I can give you a batch script for formatting C:\ drive if you pm me.

#9 Gisslen

Gisslen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 03:01 PM

I think i had a X-ecutor bios on both banks. Tried both of them, but it's the same problem. But can it really be the BIOS? I mean, it worked for me for several weeks and then it suddenly crashed. I would have suspected it if a just flashed the BIOS, but I didn't. And I have tried several differnt BIOS since I first got the chip, but always had problem with it, no mather what BIOS I used.

Edited by Gisslen, 07 August 2004 - 03:04 PM.

#10 X-ecuter

X-ecuter

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 05:59 PM

just do what i told you to do - no point in any more posts about it until youve done that.

#11 Gisslen

Gisslen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 09:55 AM

Just one last question. My friend don't want to remove his chip, but i'm going to take my chip to his Xbox insted. But there is no risk of damaging his chip or xbox, is there?

#12 Gisslen

Gisslen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 03:46 PM

I tried to hot swap the chip, but it didn't help. I tried several different bios including the one my friend uses. When i tried to flash the bios it said "!! unknown flash type !!", and none of the leds turned on. So it has to be the chip, right?

#13 X-ecuter

X-ecuter

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 06:39 PM

yes - send it back for a replacement. ALl Xecuter resellers offer full warranties.

#14 Gisslen

Gisslen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 10:25 PM

I just installed a new X-ecuter 2.3b and it seems to work perfectly, leds on and everything. But I stil get error 06 (Can't unlock hdd). So how do I unlock it? Do I have to remove it and use the pc with a program?

#15 Lubs

Lubs

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 11 August 2004 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (Gisslen @ Aug 11 2004, 11:28 PM)
I just installed a new X-ecuter 2.3b and it seems to work perfectly, leds on and everything. But I stil get error 06 (Can't unlock hdd). So how do I unlock it? Do I have to remove it and use the pc with a program?

Is your 2.3B flashed to an Evo-X or Xecuter bios?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users