• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Gjiden

Gjiden

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 07:17 AM

I have another thread here that explains my problem more closely. I have started a new thread with a more focused title in hopes of getting a better response. So basically I have a messed up eeprom on my Xbox, and I want to restore it. I have my backup of the original, I just need a way to access the eeprom. Does anyone know how with the Matrix mod? The only sure-fire way I have read is to flash a Complex Debug bios, but the matrix is only 256k. Is there a 256k debug out there somewhere? Does it exist? Any help would be much appreciated.

#2 Gjiden

Gjiden

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 09:12 PM

Saturday bump

#3 Gjiden

Gjiden

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 January 2003 - 06:49 AM

^ up up

#4 crackz0r

crackz0r

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 19 January 2003 - 07:59 AM

check the tutorials.. the matrix tsop tutorial in particular. smile.gif

#5 Gjiden

Gjiden

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 January 2003 - 09:56 AM

Well...I would do that, but in order to flash the TSOP, I need to be able to flash the bios from the evox dash. In order to do this, I have to be able to access the C:\ drive via FTP to put the new bios on it (in C:\bios). This I can't do.

Since I have a bad eeprom, it can't unlock my harddrive when it boots up because the HD key is in the bad eeprom (from what I can tell). I can boot into the evox dash from a boot CD-RW, and I can connect to the xbox with FlashFXP. But I don't have access to any of the drives except the DVD drive. I might be able to do it if there was some way to get the evox dashboard bios flash to look somewhere else other than C:\bios for the new .bin file. I didn't see an entry in the evox.ini for this. If anyone knows how to change the bios directory, let me know.

But I am still skeptical about flashing the TSOP with a new bios because I still want to play on Live safely (wanting to play on Live again got me in this mess in the first place). Is Live safe after a TSOP flash?

#6 Gjiden

Gjiden

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 January 2003 - 08:19 PM

Sunday bump

#7 No_Remorse_666

No_Remorse_666

The Mad Head Modder

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 January 2003 - 08:25 PM

Couldnt you just put a bios folder with the bin files you want
on the evox boot cd? Also you might be able to also put config magic
on the same evox boot cd and recover your eeprom from there.
I am only guessing about the config magic stuff as I have never used it.

just a thought.

#8 telo{+}

telo{+}

X-S Expert

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 January 2003 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (Gjiden @ Jan 19 2003, 09:56 AM)
But I am still skeptical about flashing the TSOP with a new bios because I still want to play on Live safely (wanting to play on Live again got me in this mess in the first place). Is Live safe after a TSOP flash?

Cant help with the rest of your problem,

but YES, live is fine w/ tsop flash if you have a multibios setup

#9 Gjiden

Gjiden

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 January 2003 - 12:44 AM

Ok, No_Remorse_666 you are right about putting the bios on the Evox boot disk. It checks for the file in the bios directory under the evox root, not C:\bios. I tried flashing my Matrix alone with the newest evox bios I had today and it worked. As for config magic...it doesn't work. I have included it on the evox boot disk and made the appropriate changes to the evox.ini file. But when I try to run Config magic, it kicks me out to the "...xbox needs servicing..." screen with an error code of 21. So my plan is to setup the TSOP, flash it with a 1Mb debug bios, fix my eeprom, then restore the TSOP to the retail version (or multi-bios) and carry on from there. I was set to do it today, but my soldering iron died...just my luck. If anyone sees a problem with my plan, let me know.

#10 Gjiden

Gjiden

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 January 2003 - 01:42 AM

Ok, I got a new soldering iron, and made the arrangments to flash the TSOP. Went ahead and flashed it with the complex 1.03 debug bios, and it completed without error. Then, when I rebooted my Xbox, I disabled the Matrix and tried to boot with the bios in the TSOP. Well...it gets to the Xbox logo screen, and stops there. There is no MS logo at the bottom in white. Does anyone know if it's even possible to put the Debug on the TSOP??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users