• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SLiMe THieF

SLiMe THieF

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 09:36 PM

I was reading up on how to softmod a xbox and it says to use either the proaction replay or the Phantasystar online usb adapter with a thumbdrive to get the savegame exploit to the xbox. i have an mp3 player that has a harddrive and can be used for data storage similar to a thumbdrive. I was wondering if i could substitute the thumbdrive for my existing NOMAD MP3 player. thanx.

#2 yamdankee

yamdankee

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 03 August 2004 - 09:54 PM

The only way to see if it works is to try it. Try this list for what is compatible.

#3 forthex

forthex

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:44 PM

if you need the included software to tranfer music to the player, you probably can't. You could try to remove the driver on the MP3 player in the device manager, and it your PC will probably find the new device and make a new drive for it (like E, F, G, H, I, etc.) if you have XP. you could always re-install the driver. if you can't, PM me and i'll tell you how.

#4 Ghengis

Ghengis

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 04 August 2004 - 05:32 AM

General guideline: if you can plug your device into any old computer and have it work without download/install, it should probably do the trick. It's called "USB Mass Storage" driver profiling, and it's used in a pretty good-size number of generic USB storage devices. If your device doesn't support it, it's CRAP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users