• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 docdestruct

docdestruct

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 02:47 AM

My xbox keeps fragging. I read the forum on the LPC ports and nothing will help that is in it. I am using an aladdin advance 64 chip. I soldered the d0 connection onto the back alternate connection, and using my ometer i deternimed that there is connectivity. all of my lpc's are soldered perfect and also have connectivity. I dont know if the bios is flashed but arent all aladdins suposed to be? what could be going wrong here?. Also if i have to flash my bios, whats the best way to do it?

#2 otherguy

otherguy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 August 2004 - 03:59 AM

the aladdin is supposed to be disabled unless you hold down the power button (unless you have d0 going straight to ground).
If the latter is the case, just disconnect d0 and see if the box boots. IF it does then maybe you're lucky and it's just not working cause there's no bios image flashed to the chip.
If you've installed all the additional wires (So the chip can be disabled and such) then you've got a bigger issue than not having bios on the chip. There is a problem with your soldering somewhere. I just finished an install where everything looke perfect and tested fine w/ the multimeter... but it still didn't boot.
The best thing to do probably would be to leave everything for now and come back to it again tomorrow. That way you're not frustrated and you've got a clear head. (seems to work better for me at least heh)

And you're chip may not have a bios flashed on it. Most retailers do ship them preflashed, not all... where did you get ur chip from?

#3 docdestruct

docdestruct

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 04:43 AM

I disconnected the d0 and just my luck the xbox fragged. So i guess i should look at where i soldered the lpcs to see if they are messed up? or could it be with l1 and b1 also?

#4 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 04 August 2004 - 01:24 PM

If you disconnected the D0 and the Xbox frags then its not the best chance is you damaged the top D0 point. You will have to repair this to allow you to use the modchip or the TSOP.

#5 djmart6914

djmart6914

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 August 2004 - 04:54 PM

i can recommend going to www.llamma.com and looking for their number, ask for Scott when you call. He totally fixed my xbox, because i tried to install a xenium using pin header. I spashed solder on my mobo chips. So he installed a brand new motherboard.

Highly recommend Scott and his company

#6 docdestruct

docdestruct

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 07:58 PM

how can i repair the d0 point?

#7 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 08:55 PM

You have to connect the trace that goes to the top D0 point to the bottom D0 with a piece of kynar wire.

#8 docdestruct

docdestruct

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 09:02 PM

ok thanks, by the way i just checked the d0 with an ohm meter, i put one side in the top d0 and one in the bottom d0, it showed that there was a connection, could this still be a problem?

#9 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 09:06 PM

yes this could still be the problem. To check you need to follow the trace from the top D0 to a point further along and measure for continuity between these 2 points. In other words the top D0 must still be connected to its trace

Edited by Chancer, 05 August 2004 - 09:08 PM.

#10 docdestruct

docdestruct

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 05:51 AM

ok, I connected the top trace to the bottom d0, but still the same problem! what could be wrong now, and if its the lpc which one?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users