9 replies to this topic

#1 sparhawk069

sparhawk069

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 05 August 2004 - 03:50 AM

Hi all, I managed to install the ICE with adapter and the Evox Dash with X-2 Bios, works fine...my only concern is that when I use FlashFXP to backup the C and E drive to my PC, it doesn't seems to contain any files...am I doing it right??

#2 HL_101

HL_101

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 August 2004 - 05:36 AM

Well.. You dont tell us mutch.
more details is requierd.

#3 sparhawk069

sparhawk069

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 11:25 AM

Following instruction from the tutorial to install Evox Dashboard, I fireup FlashFXP and have all the information from Xbox. From the instruction, I am to backup the C drive and E drive fo the Xbox to PC, When i did the backup, by dragging them across, it copied the c and e drives to my PC, however, when I open the c and e driveon the PC, it doesn't contain and items.....when you back up the drives onto your PC, does it contain any information when you open them up??

Hope this details help.

#4 drRAVALOT

drRAVALOT

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 06 August 2004 - 01:05 PM

it should i think...because when i ftp into my box and i copy games that i take from my xbox and drag em over 2 my pc ... if i click the folder.. then it has files in it

hopefully that can answer part of ur question

drRAVALOT

#5 DNV

DNV

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 07:27 PM

Do the folders have anything in them when open them with flashxp on the Xbox? Cause if so then I have the same problem as you. I followed the guide posted here

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=246044

After doing what the guide said I can log into my Xbox just fine and I can see the five folders c,e,x,y,z but there is nothing in any of them.

When I had my Xbox modded with the Xenium, the guy installed the dashboard and a few apps and I can see those files when viewing them through the actual Xbox but not while using the FTP.

Also Iím using flashxp like in the guide but itís not registered if that makes a difference.

#6 few

few

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 07 August 2004 - 08:27 PM

Try using a different FTP app. Like CuteFTP. Personally, I think the new version kicks Flash's @$$. I had an issue long ago where grabbing files with Flash from #{the usual places} would result in corrupt downloads. always. someone heree recommended a different FTP app and so far I have had no more issues. CuteFTP used to have a problem connecting to my Xbox, but the new version seems to have worked that bug out. Now I use CuteFTP for ALL my FTP needs. And no, I don't work for the company. beerchug.gif

#7 sparhawk069

sparhawk069

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 05:12 AM

DNV, no i do not see any thing on the xbox or the PC on the FlashFXP FTP program.

Few - will try out CuteFTP ....thanks all.

#8 bjx

bjx

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 August 2004 - 09:00 AM

I found out you will have to run a dashboard with an FTP manager (avalaunch, unleashx etc..), THEN connect with flashfxp, then you will see the files.

Edited by bjx, 08 August 2004 - 09:00 AM.

#9 DNV

DNV

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 04:52 PM

I don't think it has anything to do with FTP program because if other people can get it to work with FlashXP so can I. The problem is that I have to take this computer off the internet so that I can hook up my Xbox to it so I can't always just go and check and see if it works. I'll try again and see if I can get it working with the FTP manager through the dashboard, but before I tried just booting to the evox dashboard and I couldn't connect to the Xbox. Though since my dashboard was already installed for me I didnít modify the settings in the file before transferring it over, so I just did it through the setting screen of the dashboard so that might have been the problem but I doubt it.

I'll my results back here when Iíve had time to try it and see if it worked out

Thanks for the replies

#10 Sharakk

Sharakk

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 08 August 2004 - 05:05 PM

The FTP in the Xineum Mod Chip sends invalid info. It works with internet explore but most other FTP apps that conform to the FTP standard will error or show empty folders.

I hope they fix this before final.

You can also use the SMB share for easy updates when OS2 is on the screen. Very handy when you corrupt your dash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users