7 replies to this topic

#1 Tim220171

Tim220171

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 02:41 PM

Hi Im new to the site so I m sorry if this post is in the wrong section
I had my xbox chipped some time ago ( executer 2.3 ) and also had a seagate barracuda 80 GB drive installed as well.
I have the old original drive and there is music which I want to drag off it before I format it and use it in my pc .
I have read the tutorial on how to unlock using the programs off this site .
The problem is , how can I get the hd password off if I cant back up the drive .
If I try swapping the new drive with the old one then it just bypasses the chip and loads up using the original dashboard and works like an ordinary xbox.
If I cant load Evox , how can I do the back up in order to get the hwtxt file containing the password code . Is there another way I can unlock the drive or use it in the chipped box so I can access the drive . I have Flash Fxp on my pc and have a connection which works with the chipped box and 80 gb drive at the moment.
I saw a tutorial which said ( if Im right ) that you can hot swap a drive from an unchipped box to a chipped one and be able to read the drive with Evox booted up
I tried it but it wont work . I get error 6 ( cant load up the drive )
The thing is my old chipped box was a bios version 1.1 or 1.2 i think but I have a new box ( limited edition see thru case , bios version 1.5 ) It also has a western digital drive , not the old seagate drives so therefore I suspect this is why I cant disconnect and put in the old xbox drive ( load that up ) and then try to hot swap to the chipped box .
Please help someone as this is driving me up the wall . There must be some way I can extract the info off the old drive before I try to format it for a pc

#2 Scaramanga

Scaramanga

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 05 August 2004 - 03:12 PM

Get config magic, Make it a xiso
and burn it on a cd-rw (dvd-r whatever).
then run it while the old hd is in to unlock.
No need for HD key or anything like that.

#3 Tim220171

Tim220171

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 02:40 PM

Thanks for the reply
not sure I understand how to do this . I have nero 5.9 on my pc . I assume that iso is a image file created in nero , right ? x meaning compatible with xbox ?
I dont think there is a setting for that so I dont know how to create this .
Do you load this on the chipped xbox once this is done ?
or is this run on the pc ? I have win 98 se on the PC

#4 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 August 2004 - 02:49 PM

If you use an unleashx boot cd rather than a Config Magic one you may be able to save some steps.. Unleashx has a built in file browser and ftp access obviously.. You can still put Config Magic and any other apps that might be useful on the cd. Then you can run them from the filebrowser, and you should be able to ftp all your data to your PC.
Yes, you load the cd you create on the chipped box.. Make sure you create an Xiso of the data and burn it as an iso image and not a simple data cd.
Edit: To create the Xiso get Qwix or Craxtion. These will create a single iso file out of the files you choose. Use Nero to burn this file as an image.

Edited by triggernum5, 06 August 2004 - 02:51 PM.

#5 Scaramanga

Scaramanga

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 02:52 PM

xiso means special iso format of the xbox.
Use prgorams like craxion4 or simplexiso to make this kind of iso
and burn it with nero.

#6 Tim220171

Tim220171

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 12:41 PM

where can i get config magic please ?

#7 Tim220171

Tim220171

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 12:42 PM

can u please tell me what unleash X is and where doI get that , Cant see it on the xbox scene tools and software page ( could be I missed it ? )

#8 Scaramanga

Scaramanga

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 01:07 PM

You can get it in the usual places.
Do a search..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users