• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 as5606

as5606

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2003 - 12:33 AM

I have downloaded a few demo tracks that are supposed to be encoded with DTS (as opposed to Dolby Digital that works fine with me) and I'm trying to get them to work by copying them onto the HDD of my xbox and playing them with mediaplayer 2.1

These files are in either mp3's or wave files. Both of these sound good as I can hear them through my AV amp in dolby digital 3/2 (as it says on my amp) but they will not play as DTS files. My AV amp will have a light on the display to tell me if its DTS and they are not coming through as such.

After about 2 days of different experiments and reading up, I realised that I had not checked if my surround setting in the MS dashboard were set to DTS enabled. It wasn't and I was overjoyed...........Unfortunately, it still doesn't play in DTS........

Anyone got any ideas. sad.gif

#2 as5606

as5606

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2003 - 12:57 AM

Couple of other things I've just noticed.

I thought I would burn the tracks to CD-Audio format instead of using a network to send the MP3's etc to the HDD and it would not even play in Dolby Digital, only stereo.

Also noted that only MSs dashboard would play this Audio CD I burned onto a CDRW disk. It cannot read the disk if I browse it in Media Player 2.1....strange thought this would read and play nearly every format under the sun !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users