#1 Busted770

Busted770

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 06 August 2004 - 06:55 PM

is it because the xbe is called "nexgen dashboard.xbe" with the space?

#2 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 07 August 2004 - 01:04 PM

http://64.191.55.5/~...gories=nexgen#9

All you need is there, call it default.xbe, enjoy my faq wink.gif

#3 africamagical

africamagical

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 August 2004 - 07:04 AM

did that, still freezes,

Edited by africamagical, 15 August 2004 - 07:05 AM.

#4 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • 7,997 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 12:36 PM

Have you installed all the system files into C like I said in the FAQ?

#5 x_sasakue_x

x_sasakue_x

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 September 2004 - 07:11 AM

I am having problems with nexgen loading as well, I have did everything that is said and it still freezes. I'm beginning to think it is something more because my xboxdash.xbe isn't loading either but everything else seems fine. I tried to just boot nexgen from a disc and I got a frag... if you have any Ideas what is going on than please tell me.

#6 x_sasakue_x

x_sasakue_x

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 07:17 AM

okay... avalaunch will boot it fine... i don't understand why though... xcommander and evox didn't... evox is getting on my nerves

#7 x_sasakue_x

x_sasakue_x

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 07:23 AM

okay, someone how it seems that my xboxdash.xbe has gotten corrupted...

#8 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • 7,997 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 11:43 PM

lol are you using the old nexgen or the new one (xdashos beta1.ace)? Make sure you have IGR disabled all 3 ways in evox.ini.

#9 x_sasakue_x

x_sasakue_x

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 09:17 PM

uh, Nexgen v1.1 Beta1.ace is the name of the file.. and it seems up to date with everything i've read in the forum. I had ALL igr in evox disabled and it wouldn't load so I finally just said "you know what?.. I really don't like evox anymore anyways." So basically nexgen is currently my main dashboard(I would have went with thc but i've been interested in nexgen since xecuter announced it.)

I also used slayers disc to repair my msdash(I don't know what happened there), and so everything seems to be working okay, and I have nexgen configured.

I also set the in the .xml to only search in one place for games, apps, emulators so that I don't get that annoying dual listing bug that I had when I first set it up.

#10 counter terrorist dan

counter terrorist dan

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 02:00 PM

V 1.6, m8_16 with lba48 support. Nexgen won't boot, it gives me a black screen with white writing at the top, telling me how much memory is being used and it says nexgen dashboard. I figure this is a skin problem, but it seems like it could be anything. I have a xenium ice, the xenium support is set to yes, any ideas?

#11 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • 7,997 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 03:27 PM

got the skins folder in the root of C:\?

#12 Khadgar346

Khadgar346

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 02 November 2004 - 07:29 PM

yeah I have a problem with Nexgen too. Its under my applications and when I go to load it. It says Nexgen loading and then nothing happens. Just stays at the loading screen... What can I do to fix this?

#13 ZiaTioN

ZiaTioN

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 08:15 PM

Hmm I had the same problem with this dash not loading and found out it was a simple mistake on the developers part and not the users. What a simple thing to code but was left out for some reason. The thing is I run multiple dashboards from my system and have created somewhat of a boot loader with a stripped down version of evox (bout all it is good for). Now every other dash will run completely from a subdirectory under the C drive. I have a dir called "Dashboards" in the C drive and I put sub dirs of each dash in that directory. Now nexgen REQUIRES that specific files be in the ROOT directory to even launch. WHY!?!?

Why not have the .xbe app read from these files (and skins dir) in the same directory as the executable? It appears file paths were hard coded when they should have not been. From what I have seen of the dash it looks great although it is really hard to see anything with the default skin. Maybe another skin will make it better, not sure have not tried. By the way it looks very similar to UnleashX. Why is this?

Now I need to ask for some suggestions for other decent dashboards to run. Currently I have:

Evox
Avalaunch
UnleashX
NexGen
xbox-os <-- havne't got it to work yet!

Are there any others worth running?

#14 swolsten

swolsten

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE(ZiaTioN @ Dec 27 2004, 07:46 PM)
Hmm I had the same problem with this dash not loading and found out it was a simple mistake on the developers part and not the users. What a simple thing to code but was left out for some reason. The thing is I run multiple dashboards from my system and have created somewhat of a boot loader with a stripped down version of evox (bout all it is good for). Now every other dash will run completely from a subdirectory under the C drive. I have a dir called "Dashboards" in the C drive and I put sub dirs of each dash in that directory. Now nexgen REQUIRES that specific files be in the ROOT directory to even launch. WHY!?!?

Why not have the .xbe app read from these files (and skins dir) in the same directory as the executable? It appears file paths were hard coded when they should have not been. From what I have seen of the dash it looks great although it is really hard to see anything with the default skin. Maybe another skin will make it better, not sure have not tried. By the way it looks very similar to UnleashX. Why is this?

View Post

All these problems have now been fixed, when the next beta is release it will be able to boot from any location.

It looks similar to UnleashX because they are both based around the M$ dashboard.

#15 HoRnEyDvL

HoRnEyDvL

Nexgen Developer

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:49 PM

hey salty do u know when we should do a release ?.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users