• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sony171

sony171

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 08:52 PM

A friend was going to trash his xbox (unmodded) so I ask him for it. Basically it's a v1.3, it turns on but only gets the solid green lights (no audio/video but the DVD does eject).

So I figure either the eeprom and/or HD are dead (I think the HD fine, it's a seagate and is quiet but it spins up, the DVD is a samsung and it spins too). I got a smartchip so I could boot off that and/or replace the HD but it's still in the mail mad.gif .

One question is (this is my 1st xbox/modchip) 'is there any reason to worry about having the original bios since the smartchip has it's own?'. I was not planning to play xbox live. Since this is my only xbox is there any way of getting a copy of the bios on a CD and flash the smartchip from there (ftp/web??) and where would I get a version of that bios (sorry for the n00b question but I'm still reading the forums)?

Well my biggest problem is getting the xbox to work so I'll wait before asking anymore questions.

sony171

#2 DaNi0

DaNi0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 10:02 PM

hmmz,
solid green no vid & aud usually means there's a problem with your audio setting. maybe try to boot the xbox with a standard a/v pack?
also check your soldering job

no, unless you want XBL *wich u don't smile.gif * & it's not a bios that SmartXX has it's called an OS jester.gif

for the bios get it @ 'the usual places'

Edited by DaNi0, 06 August 2004 - 10:04 PM.

#3 blindguyinanorgy

blindguyinanorgy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 02:25 AM

the smartxx will fix this problem. you just wont be able to get on live

#4 spillage

spillage

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 August 2004 - 04:55 PM

I hope it does fix it for my friend. I am in the same predicament as you and the SmartXX ain't fixed my box. ph34r.gif

#5 sony171

sony171

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 11:51 PM

So if it wasn't the eeprom I was going to figure it was the HD and replace it with another one (stupid snail mail, hope it comes in on Monday sad.gif ).

#6 spillage

spillage

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 10:16 PM

I have been poncing about with my box for a couple of days now and only today have I managed to fix it. To tell the truth I don't know what I did exactly that cured the problem. I am writting a post for the SmartXX forum and here under my thread as to all the procedures I took. I will post on your thread a copy as well.

#7 sony171

sony171

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 11:11 AM

ok got it installed but it's still not working. i get a solid red/green LEDs on the smartxx (never blinks) whether i boot off the smartxx chip or the xbox.

checked the solder points (will check again after some sleep), all good. shouldn't they turn off if I do a direct boot?

we check all the voltages on the LPC board, they all check out (except for the LClk, it was cycling voltages and not even close to the 0.2Vs), hmm...

thanks.

sony171

#8 spillage

spillage

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 10:44 PM

I am a SXV or SmartXX Virgin, so my word may not be gospel. However, my chip lights RED on boot for a second or so, then flashes red/blue at SOS, then stays red when X2 4983.67 is loaded. I had to resolder the LPC header on the chip to get it to function properly. I didn't take it off, but used a tinned iron to remelt the joints. Now it's up and running I can't wait for the updates and future goodies.

Oh yeah, if I boot to retail using eject all the lights go out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users