8 replies to this topic

#1 Shoue

Shoue

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 10:23 PM

well haven't really read any topics about running around here. and with Athens coming up really soon I just was wondering if any body here runs any races? Im on my highschool's track and cross country team, and hoping to run in college.

#2 hitm975

hitm975

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 08 August 2004 - 01:18 AM

i dont play track but i play baseball and hockey, i run the 40 in 6.39 which isnt very good compared to some of the best. good luck tho with your running career..

#3 mamajo

mamajo

'Forza Azzurri'

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 August 2004 - 05:41 AM

I was a sub on my Grade 5 4 X 100 relay team that made it to the Toronto finals. laugh.gif

#4 green_beetle

green_beetle

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 10:36 AM

sprints or long distance?

i like long distance, i wouldnt say im very good but i like the occasional run once in a while.

#5 Lukenatme

Lukenatme

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 August 2004 - 10:32 PM

I ran in high school. My high school was pretty small (about 500 students total grades 9-12). I did cross country (3.1 miles) and track (mile, 2 mile, and 4x800 relay). I liked cross country better because running long distances on a track got really old...same scenery. Maybe I should blocked out the scenery? Either way, I had a good time.

My best mile time in track was 4 minutes, 51 seconds
Best 2 mile time was 10 minutes, 45 seconds blink.gif
Best cross country time was right about 18 minutes

Funny though because I didn't do anything in high school athletics until the spring of my sophomore year. I decided that I needed something on my high school resume so I figured I'd give running a shot. My senior year, I was on the all-conference team for cross country. I got that by placing 10th at the conference meet. (Had to place 10th or better to be all-conference). The conference had like 9 schools, but one school had the top 5 places, so there wasn't much room for me! I guess it kinda shows how mediocre the conference was that during the race I thought I was running horribly and at the end I sprinted to pass two people and the judge at the finish line handed me a 10th place ribbon... laugh.gif

#6 gronne

gronne

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 20 August 2004 - 11:36 PM

I always dreamed of running the 100 m finals in the olympics as a young kid rolleyes.gif I never trained for any club(lived too far away from any clubs), but when I was 14 I tried running 100m COMPLETELY out of shape. But I clocked in at 11.8s, which I was REALLY glad about. The teacher that clocked me was like crazy, and tried getting me to start competing for a club, but I didn't feel like it. Anyways, I'm happy about the result, but it sadens me that I didn't join a club when I was young. On the other hand, I'm white so I probably wouldn't have made it to the olympics anyway biggrin.gif

#7 Xboxmodder3690

Xboxmodder3690

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 August 2004 - 09:28 PM

I run cross country. My best time for 2 miles was 11:58 (outdoors) and my three mile time wasosmewherew in 18 or 19 minutes. I am A Freshman in HS

#8 ktm300

ktm300

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 06:06 AM

I run from the cops to keep in shape for H.S. soccer.

#9 tman570

tman570

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 05:05 AM

If I could only quit smoking I would take up running wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users