• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 billc124

billc124

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 02:36 AM

I am going to put a new HDD in my XBox, my question is the following: If I am going to use the Slayers EVOX Autoinstaller do I need to backup my old HDD still? I was just going to take it out and keep it as is so if something goes wrong, I can just put the original drive back in. Does that work or do I absolutely have to back it up? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

#2 AcuraTSX2245

AcuraTSX2245

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 09 August 2004 - 02:40 AM

What i did when i did my HD upgrade was i just sent all the original information from the C: drive to my computer via flashfxp then sent it back when i installed my new HD. Simple as that!

#3 billc124

billc124

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 02:42 AM

What is the simplest and quickest way to do that? What should I boot my XBox up with so that I can FTP to it?

#4 AcuraTSX2245

AcuraTSX2245

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 09 August 2004 - 02:44 AM

Yes, just turn your xbox on but dont go into anything, then sign in to flashfxp on your computer and copy all the stuff on into a new folder that you make.

#5 billc124

billc124

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 04:00 PM

So I can just boot up the box without anything in the drive and FTP to it just through the Executer Bios that is on it now? I thought I needed to do more then that.

#6 imamafackinhokie

imamafackinhokie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 August 2004 - 04:29 PM

you cant ftp unless you have a mod chip with an os on it like smartxx or xenium - then you can ftp or if you pop in slayers and ftp to the hard drive after it is formatted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users