#1 chimpanzee

chimpanzee

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 04:29 AM

Hi,

Have you compared the changed eeprom with the orginal one ? It seems that changing the region code doesn't change the data hash at all. Wondering why it is so.

Another question is, can you post or mail me the middle message hash for the new eeprom key ? Even though I still don't quite understand the internals, I believe just plug that in should work.

EDIT: BTW, When I am reading the old hdtool code and the new working one, I noticed that the working one has one more set of hash for version 9(?), why is it so ? Has this anything to do with why the old one doesn't work with some specific eeprom ?

Edited by chimpanzee, 09 August 2004 - 04:33 AM.

#2 ldots

ldots

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 09:44 AM

What do you mean it doesn't change. The linux tool I made for decrypting, setting region, re-encrypting does of course change the region byte???

As a matter of fact after decrypting and setting the region you need to regenerate the entire data region using the sha1 routines so in a hexeditor you will see a completely different data region of the eeprom (except for the rc4 key hash).

#3 chimpanzee

chimpanzee

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 10:13 AM

my mistake. just some program error. just waiting for the newer middle message hash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users