X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:fire!!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 09 August 2004 - 08:27 AM

Hi y'all,
Well, is the DreamX worth it? I would buy 1 if someone could tell me the pros and cons of one of the cheaper models. I also need to know; can I put evox on a DreamX?
-Thanks

javascript:emoticon(':evil:')
smilie

#2 Shinta X

Shinta X

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 08:34 AM

ive also been thinking about investing in the dreamx, but if i was to get one id probably just get the 128 megs of ram and the stock processor, does anyone know if they let you choose which modchip you want in your system?

#3 D.Mon

D.Mon

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 08:40 AM

Yah! that really fast DreamX-1480 looks cool but i live in canada, eh? and everthing is so expensive when converted from U.S. dollars! Oh well i think i might have to get one anyways :-)

#4 Static X

Static X

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 August 2004 - 09:02 AM

Just get ahold of A@ron on the buy and sell forums. He does many ram upgrades with professional equipment and he is a very trusted member on the site. You would come out way better dealing with him. beerchug.gif

#5 D.Mon

D.Mon

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 06:36 PM

Thanks, I'll check him out.

#6 Flame2k

Flame2k

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 09 August 2004 - 07:34 PM

is if it works in ur region id say, they look damn smart.

id like the extra power for a linux server, and i know soldering the xbox ram is reaaaallly tricky so id prefere 2 have it pre-done for me.

#7 A@ron

A@ron

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 09 August 2004 - 07:50 PM

I just happened to read the thread. I do the ram upgrades using professional equipment like what they use there. I am even near the US->Canada border (in Michigan) so shipping to CAN is not a huge deal for me. With my upgrades, you don't pay more for the skin on the xbox case and you can just install your own chip. I do (usually) install a 12 pin pin header which you could easily use to install your own preferred brand of chip.

A@ron

#8 cromat44

cromat44

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 August 2004 - 09:36 PM

the only good part of a dreamex is the prossesor... but they mount that switch in the worst place.... if bought one it would be completely custom

#9 amps

amps

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 09:51 PM

Linux will use the processor and memory. Mameox will use the memory, some other emulators may also... .but as far as xbox games, they are coded around 64MB ram so you won't see any performance increase. You may see just a tad with the CPU upgrade but it wouldn't be worth the money. There was review some where floating around here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users