8 replies to this topic

#1 powerben5000

powerben5000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 05 August 2002 - 03:24 AM

Has anyone watched this show? It's on Comedy Central and it's pretty funny....they have sesame street-like puppets smoke crack and make crank phone calls (hence the name...) biggrin.gif

--BenMan

#2 GTac01

GTac01

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 05 August 2002 - 03:50 AM

biggrin.gif

just put tv on and there they are smile.gif

#3 Drew826

Drew826

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 August 2002 - 04:12 AM

When I used to see commercials for the show, I thought it was gonna suck. But I sat down for the first episode with a beer in hand, and laughed my ass off! Some of those calls are fucking hilarious. I missed the show tonight (I was busy gettin a girl's number at a restaurant cool.gif ), so I'll have to see it Wednesday.

#4 nitemare

nitemare

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 August 2002 - 04:29 AM

my FAVORITE show right now.. beats out south park and simpsons by alot..

#5 powerben5000

powerben5000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 05 August 2002 - 04:32 AM

tongue.gif

...where else can you see a muppet puke except on Comedy Central? laugh.gif

--BenMan

#6 stratjakt

stratjakt

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 10:53 PM

Some of em are good, some not-so-good.

Definately not as original in concept or execution as the Jerky Boys were.

Im not talking about the idea of crank calls, just some of em arent original.. Like the guy calling the ASPCA with the monkey noises in the background and hes going 'help me this monkeys crazy hes gonna kill me'... The chick just hung up on him, he didnt fool anyone... I just dont see how he did anything but make an ass of himself.. I'd hardly even call it a 'crank call'..

Some calls thou, are hilarious.. The ones from Tracey Morgan and Super Dave Osbourne, for instance.. "Do you know what its like to have to beat the crap out of your own father? A man who I love?"

#7 Metroid-X

Metroid-X

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 August 2002 - 11:20 PM

Have you guys seen "the ambiguously gay duo"? Now thats the funniest cartoon, better than simpsons or futurama etc. It's on saturday night live and on comedy central. Too bad they are just small clips though.

#8 PLUTO 3.14

PLUTO 3.14

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 August 2002 - 11:30 PM

The Crank Yankers are hallarious!!! But to get the best effect.... U need to just hear it... I think the puppets get in the way.... I heard most of the crank calls on the radio and I just crack up!!! But when I eventually saw it on the show... It was alright but not the same.. At first I thought I had just heard the call once to many times... But the next time I heard the same call on the radio I was cracking up again... I guess I am use to the Morning DJ's doing the same thing when the do their Birthday Scam!!! wink.gif

#9 AsWeProceed

AsWeProceed

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 06:17 AM

geez wtf are you guys talking about

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users