5 replies to this topic

#1 Rudepooch

Rudepooch

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 04:55 PM

huh.gif I am trying to get MAMEoX working for the first time- it looks great. So far I have downloaded the binary zip, unzipped to MAMEoX\ and ftp'd the folder to F:\Emulators\MAMEoX. I also tranferred all of my roms to F:\Emulators\MAMEoX\roms. MAMEoX itself seems to run great. In the settings dialogue I set everything to the F:\Emulators\MAMEoX\ directory, with the appropriate directory for each setting. When I try to run a rom, I get "Error: blabla.# file not found" ,.. "ERROR :required files are missing, the game cannot be run." for all the files in the rom.

Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong? I saw a post that elluded to something about having the right version of the roms... are there different versions of the same rom? Also- could I just use "\roms" in the settings instead of typing out the whole thing?? Any ideas or suggestions would be great.

Thanx Xport and X-S, you guys are the bomb!

EDIT: blink.gif OK, forgive my n00bness, but I downloaded the program and for the life of me can't figure out how I am supposed to use it- where do i get the file to authenticate my roms? Do I make it? Using what exe file?? I only have an xbe...

Forgive my ignorance, any help here?

Also- I don't have the \ in the settings as the user below.

Thanx again!

Edited by Rudepooch, 09 August 2004 - 08:24 PM.

#2 haileymegs

haileymegs

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 09 August 2004 - 05:15 PM

Are you sure your roms are compatible with mame .84? Might want to run the roms through Clrmame (http://www.clrmame.com) or some other rom auditor to make sure you arent missing roms that have been updated between versions.

#3 Banacek

Banacek

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 06:00 PM

I have the same problem, and my roms run fine in the windows version of MAME .84. Still can't figure this out...

Edit: I deleted the Mameox.ini file and trying putting the directory in again, still has the same errors...

Edit #2: I figured it out, finally. In the rom path I had a '\' at the end. Once I removed that, everything was fine.

Edited by Banacek, 09 August 2004 - 06:34 PM.

#4 Rudepooch

Rudepooch

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 11:20 PM

huh.gif OK, if I have this right I need to find the exe for the new version of mame and use it to make a dat file, and then use that to check my roms? what if they are the wrong version do I have to get new ones? Can they be modified to work??

#5 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 August 2004 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (Rudepooch @ Aug 10 2004, 02:23 AM)
huh.gif OK, if I have this right I need to find the exe for the new version of mame and use it to make a dat file, and then use that to check my roms? what if they are the wrong version do I have to get new ones? Can they be modified to work??

Yes they can be modified to work, however sometimes you might need some fix files to complete them.
(fix files are technicaly still roms so we cant suply them to you)

best thing is just to put all your roms in one dir, and then check them.

then just find downloads for the roms your missing.

#6 rdeal

rdeal

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 12:48 AM

if you have the roms in a roms dir inside the mameox dir then you can leave the rom path as d:\roms

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users