#1 zipo1200

zipo1200

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 09 August 2004 - 10:25 PM

Hey Everyone. Being a Huge modder with everything i own, playstations, cars. computers, and now Xbox. i have done a lot of research how to mod the xbox.

now the easiest way of course. to to by a chip. but then there are people who like a challange!! ... or dont have any money,lol.

Okey. To begin my Topic. i have read MANY forums on this situation on hdd driver being buggy....of course. is there only v0.5? for this software? i havent herd anything on this new year about soft modding. just back in 2003 softmodders. so i am now updating my knowledge year old forums!/threads.

Okey. well first i let u know what i have done. so far i want to install EvoX and etc. i have what i need but i am having trouble....hmmm.... looking at the partitions with hdd driver. I have backed up my origonal xbox hdd and was reading on how to "Hex" edit it and whatever to confuse the hell out of me. and or something about BFRB or something.

okey. so i open it in win hex and i see 7 gigd of text......A LOT OF TEXT. and then i used iso buster to open it using sector veiw and i see a topns of lines. but the only thing not repeating is this:

42 52 46 52 D3 01 00 00 00 50 1A C3 74 6D C1 01 BRFR.....P..tm..

and the rest xero's....what is this?

okey so i open hdd driver and yes that annoying file size error comes up ( oh and by the way i am using xbox V. 1.2)

from what i understand. i have to edit that image.....
restore that image to the xbox (of course keeping the origonal file not edited on my comp hdd)..........
and open hdd driver to see if it will not look at the empty partitions and freak out.

ANY knowledge towards helping me understand how to hex edit this or use linux command. i not to sure about that.would be greatly appreciated!!!

smile.gif

#2 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 August 2004 - 10:57 PM

Dude, that stuff is waay outdated.. Look into UDE and xboxhdm... No need to hurt yourself with hdd driver or edit anything anymore.. Look into Idots ITools packages as well, they make it so easy a drugged monkey could pull it off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users