Photo

Need Help- Got Banned- How Do I Replace My Eeprom?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chechenchung

chechenchung

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 8 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 09 August 2004 - 10:40 PM

Hey all,

I was an idiot the other day and accidently pressed live with the chip on. I didn't even have an account yet.... I am pretty much a noob at xbox hardware/software. I have tried reading some tuts but they were mostly for Evox or they didn't work. Evox has the backup feature.

How do I get the eeprom.bin out of Avalaunch?

How do I use the configmagic? I downloaded it and it's jsut a bunch of files. (source code or sumthin.)

Do I burn it with nero to load it?

I really need a step by step buide PLEASE...

please pm me or e-mail me at chechenchung@gmail.com

#2 Mandrake

Mandrake

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 09 August 2004 - 11:00 PM

If you wan't to play online with live using the box that has been banned you will need to purchase a new eeprom somewhere. If you don't plan on using live then there's no need for you to replace you eeprom afaik

#3 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,498 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 10 August 2004 - 12:05 AM

yup, mandrake is correct. you need to have another eeprom ready to use if you want to replace it, and an unbanned eeprom is only required if you want to use xbox live. also, are you sure you where banned? the current xecuter bios will prevent you from connecting to the live server. did you actually connect to live or just chose it and get the error message that the xecuter bios causes? (i think it was unable to connect to live servers or network cable disconnected or something like that)

#4 chechenchung

chechenchung

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 8 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 10 August 2004 - 01:16 AM

Yah,

The only reason I am asking for help is becuase I want to play on live.. I know i need an eeprom. I shold have one by wednesday. I am pretty sure I got banned because the chip was on when I accidently hit live and it tried to connect. Then I turned everything off and the chip, and tried to register for live. I put it the subscription code in at least 10 times. I know it was right. It said wrong code. Is there any other way to tell if I'm banned?

Can someone please give me a guide on how to do this and not more questions about if I'm sure, or if I wanna play on live?

I'm not stupid. I just don't know how to replace it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users