4 replies to this topic

#1 aznhustler2k

aznhustler2k

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 11:16 PM

hi, today i was installing that aladin advance 64 into a xbox version 1.5. so the stupid thing is that i had to solder two other points to be able to unlock the flash protection

the BT and the L1

user posted image

i soldered both in and voilá it worked ... but i forgot to plugged the 3 & 4 controller ports in again. so i took the hdd and dvd drive out and i saw that the L1 wire got loose ... when i was lookin at it i saw that the resistor got knocked out too ...

so right now i cant flash the chip again, but thats not the problem ... i dont know if that resistor is necessary ... because i could just buy another chip and put it on the pin socket ...

does anybody is able to help me?

Edited by aznhustler2k, 09 August 2004 - 11:17 PM.

#2 thedustycelt

thedustycelt

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 09 August 2004 - 11:37 PM

I am not sure what that particular resistor does, but If it is there, you probably need it...

It should be a 10 K resistor. The one you knocked off is probably ok. You can just solder it back on. Hold it in place with a pic or exacto or twezers etc... Then just touch each end with the soldering iron & it should be good to go.

You can also replace it with another 10K resistor.

#3 aznhustler2k

aznhustler2k

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 11:52 PM

i still got the resistor hanging on the piece of wire ... its the problem is just that im not that good of a solder guy ... and my solder iron is really big tho ...

#4 thedustycelt

thedustycelt

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 10 August 2004 - 12:12 AM

This might sound really gheto & I will probable get some flak for saying this, but you can make your iron smaller.

You can take a grinder to the tip of the iron and grind it into a tiny point. This will expose the copper of the tip. then you will need to retin the tip. You can do this buy simply heating the iron back up and coating the tip with a bunch of solder. Wipe the hot tip acros a wet cotton rag quicly to clean off the excess solder and flux. You need to retin the tip, because the heat and the copper would creat a rappid black oxidation.

To reatatch the piece, just leave the wire in place and hold the resistor in place with somthing. Then you touch each end breifly with the iron. There should already be enough solder on the connection to make it "stick"

If you want, you can practice with a junk electronic board like an old modem or somthing else that has surface mount resistors.

The trick is you never want to touch the iron to the resistor without somthing holding the resistor in place. It will have a tendancy to want to stick to the iron. & in just a few seconds, it will burn up if it does.

#5 aznhustler2k

aznhustler2k

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 01:32 PM

hi, i tried to resolder the resistor back on to it, but it just burned away ... wink.gif

anyways i just try to solder the wire onto the spot where the resistor was and hey the protection was off laugh.gif ... right now everything is still workin ... all controller ports are workin ...

thanks alot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users